SIGforum
CPX-2 - met my conditions for a truck gun

This topic can be found at:
https://sigforum.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/430601935/m/2110099554

April 24, 2019, 08:33 AM
SBrooks
CPX-2 - met my conditions for a truck gun
I have had an empty car/truck safe for a while and finally found a gun to stick in there. $200 out the door. 10 rounds of 9mm per mag. Nothing much that will rust. And it's gone bang with every trigger pull so far with 5 different ammos, including 2 types of hollow point.

Anyone else have (or had) one ? Most of the reviews seemed decent as to reliability. It does have a long trigger pull - but all my other pistols are DAO and that type of trigger is what I'm used to.

------------------
SBrooks
April 24, 2019, 10:09 AM
bionic218
I do not have one, but I do have a Kel Tec PF9 for a very similar use. It’s not pretty or fancy, but it does the thing I need it to do.
April 24, 2019, 11:32 AM
arfmel
Maybe you could tell some of us provincial types who makes this finely crafted CPX-2. Wink
April 24, 2019, 12:16 PM
SBrooks
SCCY makes it. They pronounce it "Sky"

Only make two models CPX-1 has a manual safety and CPX-2 doesn't. Both 9mm both DAO

------------------
SBrooks
April 24, 2019, 12:17 PM
P250UA5
quote:
Originally posted by arfmel:
Maybe you could tell some of us provincial types who makes this finely crafted CPX-2. Wink

SCCY

I recall the CPX1 being seen as a KT P11 knockoff, IIRC the CPX2 adds a manual safety.

The Enemy's gate is down.
April 24, 2019, 12:18 PM
SBrooks
They are larger and heavier than Keltec. Seem to be about one step up from KT.

I've got a P3AT at the house somewhere...

------------------
SBrooks
April 24, 2019, 12:39 PM
Depami
quote:
Originally posted by P250UA5:
quote:
Originally posted by arfmel:

SCCY

I recall the CPX1 being seen as a KT P11 knockoff, IIRC the CPX2 adds a manual safety.

The CPX-1 has a safety, the CPX-2 does not.
I have a CPX-2. The frame pins walked out right away and SCCY wanted me to send it in but I convinced them to send me the pins.

Then the firing pin broke and again they wanted me to send it in but I finally convinced them to send me one.

It hasn't failed since but doesn't get used much. The trigger is a long and heavy DAO internal hammer.

The Taurus G2C is a much better value. Especially when on sale for $174.99. It holds 12 + 1 rounds but is a striker.
April 24, 2019, 12:50 PM
kz1000
quote:
KT P11

I'd carry a rock first. Worst gun I've even owned.

------------------------------------------------------------------------
"Yidn, shreibt un fershreibt"

"The Nazis entered this war under the rather childish delusion that they were going to bomb everyone else, and nobody was going to bomb them. At Rotterdam, London, Warsaw and half a hundred other places, they put their rather naive theory into operation. They sowed the wind, and now they are going to reap the whirlwind."
-Bomber Harris
April 24, 2019, 02:31 PM
RHINOWSO
At least the gangbangers who steal it will be familiar with crappy pistols
April 24, 2019, 06:25 PM
walker77
quote:
Originally posted by SBrooks:
They are larger and heavier than Keltec. Seem to be about one step up from KT.

A couple engineers left KT and started their own business
April 24, 2019, 10:31 PM
SigFan
I have a CPX-2. It’s not a bad little gun, really. Trigger pull is a little long, but at least it’s consistent. Mine hasn’t been shot a lot. I think they now have a .380, too.

Regards From Sunny Tucson,
SigFan

NRA Life - IDPA - USCCA - GOA - JPFO - ACLDN - SAF - AZCDL - ASA

"Faith isn't believing that God can; it's knowing that He will." (From a sign on a church in Nicholasville, Kentucky)