SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    browning bda 380 issue
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

browning bda 380 issue Login/Join 
posted
any browning bda owners around??
so, I have a new to me browning bda, the beretta version.. was playing with it the other night, noticed when I released the slide with no magazine, hammer remained in a full cocked position, but if I inserted an EMPTY magazine, released the slide, the hammer fell to half cocked position... I haven't tried it with a LOADED magazine yet for obvious reasons... what do you all think??

Posts: 86 | Location: NW Ohio | Registered: June 26, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
What you're saying is the pistol "decocted" itself. Normally this is done with the decocker with your left thumb. Did your thumb hit the decocker? And which gun is this, from your description it sounds like a Beretta Model 84. Is the slide open or enclosed? Berettas have open slides, the Browning version was closed. About how old is the pistol? They had minor differences in function in earlier versions.

Posts: 17147 | Location: Lexington, KY | Registered: October 15, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
the slide is "open", similar to a beretta 84, but it's a true decocker, and not a safety.

Posts: 86 | Location: NW Ohio | Registered: June 26, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
oops, meant my slide is "closed", not "open" like a beretta, and nope, thumb didn't hit the decocker
doesn't happen with no magazine, only with a magazine inserted.

Picture of Greymann
posted Hide Post
I was reading the bda 380 manual and the manual stresses that the
safety/ decocker lever must in the off position when closing the slide or
damage may occur.

https://usermanual.wiki/Browni...03723.470957021/help

Posts: 1576 | Location: New Mexico | Registered: March 21, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Dude, you gonna lose your man card, reading the instructions!

Posts: 17147 | Location: Lexington, KY | Registered: October 15, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I read that in the manual as well, wonder if it is damaged....

Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
You should contact Browning and see if they can service your pistol. Yes, it's really a Beretta, but Browning marketed it in the US, so repairs would go to Browning or one of its authorized service centers.

I wouldn't count on that pistol for defense until it has been repaired.

"I am your retribution." - Donald Trump, speech at CPAC, March 4, 2023

Posts: 107685 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
That’s kind of a jacked up manual of arms. I could see myself doing that. Hell, every 3rd gen Smith I own I rack the slide with the safety on.

Sorry to hear your issue.

Posts: 7540 | Location: Florida | Registered: June 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Decockers belong on the frame where beretta placed it on my 84F.
I love that Beretta, it’s IWB right now, loaded with Underwood +P XTP.

If you've never had a free lunch, you are'nt trying hard enough

Posts: 213 | Location: The North Coast of America, Southern Coast of Lake Erie | Registered: February 11, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post