SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Sig p226. German made
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Sig p226. German made Login/Join 
posted
I got a p226, German made, new in the box from the early 80’s. I did some work for an old neighbor and was paid with this. Her husband bought it when he was stationed there. Not wanting to sell it but I would like to know what the ballpark value of it is. I’ll try to get a picture of it posted. Thanks for your input.

Posts: 5 | Location: Graham wa | Registered: March 15, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
How do I post a photo?

Posts: 5 | Location: Graham wa | Registered: March 15, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
My other Sig
is a Steyr.
Picture of .38supersig
posted Hide Post
Thinking the price would vary wildly depending on what all it comes with, caliber, magazine stampings, test target, etc...

You may be able to check similar auction results or simply place an ad in the classifieds here.

Posts: 9155 | Location: Somewhere looking for ammo that nobody has at a place I haven't been to for a pistol I couldn't live without... | Registered: December 02, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gloom, despair and
agony on me.
Picture of drabfour
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by bullshooter72:
How do I post a photo?

You need to use a photo hosting site like post image or photobucket or Imgur.

Posts: 4986 | Location: Texas | Registered: July 22, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Check GunBroker. Many classic Sigs sell on there every day.

Posts: 713 | Location: FL | Registered: July 30, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Congrats on a cool gun and welcome to the forum. That was quite the payment/gift you were given. The worst part is how quick they can multiply.

Posts: 6888 | Location: Treasure Coast,Fl. | Registered: July 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
goodheart
Picture of sjtill
posted Hide Post
Stick around, bullshooter. That “free” pistol will end up costing a lot by the time it’s up to SigForum standards.
There’s this fellow named Bruce Gray….

Posts: 18069 | Location: One hop from Paradise | Registered: July 27, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
An unfired “Made in W. Germany” 1980’s P226 could be worth $1,000

Posts: 143 | Location: Newnan GA | Registered: January 17, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Blume9mm
posted Hide Post
Email me a picture and I will post it here for you if you don't want to go through the pains of how to do it. My email address is in my profile.

My Native American Name:
"Runs with Scissors"

Posts: 4441 | Location: Greenville, SC | Registered: January 30, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
So a German made P226 from the ‘80s is going to be 9mm, no rail, just a plain folded slide P226. I think we all know what that looks like. New in box, with all the test target and everything, I’d bet you could find someone willing to drop $1200 on it. Maybe a bit more. But you may wait a bit to find that person. At $1K I’d guess it’d sell pretty quick. The P226 is not a rare gun. They made a lot of them. Yes, “Made in W. Germany” and new in box is a draw for some, but that narrows your pool due to the price.

My recommendation is to sell it. The draw to the German guns is nostalgic. The modern milled slides make better pistols. You simply can’t find major parts (breechblock, extractor) for the folded slides anymore. So if something does break, good luck fixing it. Let someone else “enjoy” a pistol they never shoot. Take the money to buy two pistols you will shoot.

------------------------------------------------
Charter member of the vast, right-wing conspiracy

Posts: 1860 | Registered: June 25, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by BuddyChryst:
My recommendation is to sell it.
Do you want this thread to be locked?

You know better than to do this.

Price checks are not allowed. Sales activity outside of Classifieds is not allowed. You know this.

Posts: 107602 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
I'm going to go against the good doc and say, keep the gun as is (no mods) and enjoy shooting it. These old SIGs are fantastic the way they are. And your gun is basically new, having not been fired outside factory, so it will serve you well for a lifetime.

Q

Posts: 26390 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of SigSentry
posted Hide Post

Posts: 3521 | Registered: May 30, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by bullshooter72:
Her husband bought it when he was stationed there.

I would be very interested in seeing the markings on the pistol. If a service member was bringing it back I don't think it would need to be import marked.

Posts: 6623 | Location: Virginia | Registered: January 22, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
My other Sig
is a Steyr.
Picture of .38supersig
posted Hide Post
^^^

I was kinda thinking the same thing.

The OP would have likely specified if it was a P226 in 7.65mm, but a 9mm Luger barrel and magazines would be somewhat more desirable than those that are 9mm Para.

Maybe Interarms missed this one. Wink

Posts: 9155 | Location: Somewhere looking for ammo that nobody has at a place I haven't been to for a pistol I couldn't live without... | Registered: December 02, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Rawny
posted Hide Post
Uh oh... This is turning into one of those "Antique Roadshow" rare find moments. Big Grin

Posts: 2661 | Location: San Hozay, KA | Registered: August 09, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by parabellum:
quote:
Originally posted by BuddyChryst:
My recommendation is to sell it.
Do you want this thread to be locked?

You know better than to do this.

Price checks are not allowed. Sales activity outside of Classifieds is not allowed. You know this.

That wasn’t my intention. I have zero interest in that pistol nor was I trying to get him to sell it here. Sorry if it came off that way.

------------------------------------------------
Charter member of the vast, right-wing conspiracy

Posts: 1860 | Registered: June 25, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thanks guys. I have no intention of selling it. I also got a colt mkIV series 70 gov’t nickel plated. Out of the deal. Just looking for ballpark value. Thanks again.

Picture of 4MUL8R
posted Hide Post
I think the OP was hoping to find the value of the pistol exceeded the value of the work performed, just to make sure he was not under compensated. I would leave it just like it is, and if funds are required, post it here in the Classifieds according to SF rules and regulations.

-------
Trying to simplify my life...

Posts: 5054 | Location: Commonwealth of Virginia | Registered: January 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post