SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    NAA Mini revolvers
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

NAA Mini revolvers Login/Join 
Picture of ersatzknarf
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Warhorse:
Damn you SIGforum!

I never wanted one of these before, now I do. This place just causes me to spend money. That Pug sure is a cute lil booger.

hehehehe!

Big Grin

Posts: 4917 | Registered: June 06, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
:^)
Picture of BillyBonesNY
posted Hide Post
I have a black powder companion, I really like the mini revolvers!

----------------------------------------
http://lonesurvivorfoundation.org

Posts: 7179 | Registered: March 19, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I got bitten by the bug as well.....

Posts: 194 | Location: chicagoland | Registered: March 22, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I bought a four inch barreled Mini Master years ago. Came with both cylinders. So I can shoot it a lot with LR and then have the WMRF cylinder when I carry it as a BUG.

I know it seems like "four inch barrel is going to be hard to conceal" but it really isn't. The darn thing is just so compact and super light. When the weather is right, I wear a 5.11 vest and they have a concealed carry pocket on the inside chest. I got a very flat Kydex holster made that holds the MM straight up and then a little fixed blade dagger attaches on the side of the Kydex. Holster fills the pocket so it stays in place. So I can reach my right hand inside my vest and draw either one.

The four inch guns are actually quite accurate. I can at least compete in plinking with a Bearcat size .22. Mine has never "come out of its safety notch" either.. but I do carry it in a holster. Decent accuracy, much better velocity with Magnums.. it works.

As a comparison, my Dad has one of those old High Standard .22 mag two shot derringers. He let me take it home once to play around with it. I only tried a couple different types of ammo but I found it very frustrating. And I know how to shoot DAO.. that wasn't the problem. The darn thing just seemed to throw the rounds all over the place. Not even a slight comparison to my MM. And those HS's are actually surprisingly big for a two shot .22... and solid steel so darn heavy. Dad can draw his HS and fire two shots "somewhere." I can draw my MM and fire five quick and accurate shots. And my velocity is quite a bit higher. No contest.

I wouldn't carry it as a primary... it is a small rimfire. But it makes a great deep conceal BUG.

"Hope" is the thing with feathers -
That perches in the soul -

Posts: 687 | Location: Vinita, OK | Registered: October 19, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by stuffgeek:
I got bitten by the bug as well.....

Thumbs up on the CVang grips. I have them on my Pug. They make it shootable for me.

Posts: 842 | Registered: December 07, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Banned
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by arfmel:
Never had a Pug, but have tried several other models and like the Black Widow best.

I have had the black widow since it first came out. Love it. carried much, shot infrequently, but carried much.

Posts: 1258 | Location: Duvall WA, USA | Registered: February 08, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get my pies
outta the oven!

Picture of PASig
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Minnow:
The PUG is a nice little BUG. With a decent pocket holster, I never felt like I needed to take anymore care than I would with a different CCW. It is prone to keyhole at 7 yards. Not the range I hope to ever need with it. The loud 22WMR bang from this thing will surprise you.

LOL, you're supposed to shooting that thing at 7 FEET not 7 YARDS!

Posts: 33815 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: November 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Smarter than the
average bear
posted Hide Post

I don't carry this one, but I still think it's pretty.

Posts: 3437 | Location: Baton Rouge, Louisiana | Registered: June 20, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
The hammer coming out of one of the notches, the cylinder advancing to locked, and the hammer then rebounding hard enough to cause an accidental discharge? Fantasy

What you need to be concerned about with these tiny rimfire revolvers is reliable ignition. One of my NAA 22 magnums (not the Pug) will not reliably detonate CCI ammunition. It needs to go back to NAA but I just haven't bothered.

Also, they might as well take the sights off these pistols. None of them shoot to point of aim, at least not that I've encountered. In my experience, NAA revolvers shoot very high.

However, since this is likely to be a last ditch backup used at contact distance, point of impact is of little consequence.

Thoruughly test your NAA with the load you intend to carry, and carry rounds from the same lot of it that you tested. 22 Magnum ammunition is not as finicky as .22 LR ammo, but it's still a rimfire.

Posts: 107612 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Flying Sergeant
posted Hide Post
Friends, why do we feel the need, on the day of the, we’ll never mind the day, to push me into more debt? These little treats were in the back of my mind, now they’re up front. Cool thread, I’m gonna do some looking!

Posts: 1673 | Location: Waukesha,WI | Registered: December 19, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Banned
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by pwelch001:
Friends, why do we feel the need, on the day of the, we’ll never mind the day, to push me into more debt? These little treats were in the back of my mind, now they’re up front. Cool thread, I’m gonna do some looking!

Go with the magnum cylinder. I am thinking of replacing the grip of my black widow. Don’t know about keyholing never shoot anything that far away with it. They are still pretty inexpensive.

Posts: 1258 | Location: Duvall WA, USA | Registered: February 08, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I haven't had one in many years, at least 25. I had one that had the key ring on the bottom of the grip frame, and I had it attached to the clip on my office beeper, for anyone who remembers what a beeper was. I had monofilament thru the ring and thru a small hole in the beeper clip and just dropped it over and past my belt and it hung without moving. I had it, then, with me every time I had my pants on. I never had a reason to use it, but it was kinda nice to know it was there,

Of course, I usually had a "real" gun on me most of the time, too.

I have been thinking about getting another one for a couple of years now, though I have no idea why.

I can't help but notice that, every time, on any forum where someone mentions these, no one seems to have one of the two coolest ones they make, the break top model and the one that has a cylinder that swings out (but to the right, rather than to the left side).

My main complaint, if I had to have one, was the amount of time it took to reload-pull the pin, remove the cylinder, push out the empties with the pin if they didn't fall out, then reload, replace the cylinder and replace the pin.

One of the LGS here has the one with the swing out cylinder, asking $489.00. I saw it yesterday, decided to pass till I asked you folks if there was a reason no one had one (that I've seen) and, anyway, I think the break top would be better for me.

Anyone got one? And, If you considered one, but passed, or got one and dumped it, why?

Bob

Posts: 1575 | Location: TampaBay | Registered: May 22, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
So I bought a pug, will pick it up next week.

I have an older model with with the large holster that the gun folds into if anyone is interested.

This is a photo of me firing it Smile

NRA Training Counselor
NRA Benefactor Member

Posts: 2507 | Location: FL | Registered: May 07, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Howdy!

My secondary that I carry is a NAA Pug with a folding grip. I’ve carried it for years. It’s always in my pocket even around the house.

“Happy Trails”
Chiefneon

Posts: 22 | Registered: November 17, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of LimaCharlie
posted Hide Post
I have an NAA-22M that goes in my sweatpants pocket in the winter or swim trunks pocket in the summer until I shower and dress. Other guns are available nearby. Anything larger pulls my pants down.

U.S. Army, Retired

Posts: 3725 | Location: Northwest Oregon | Registered: June 12, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Not really from Vienna
Picture of arfmel
posted Hide Post
quote:
I think the break top would be better for me.

Anyone got one? And, If you considered one, but passed, or got one and dumped it, why?

They had plenty of problems with the Ranger II break tops when they were introduced, and they’re comparatively expensive. They seem to have figured out the fixes and incorporated them into the more recent builds.

The swing out models are more expensive too, and I’m not gonna be doing a speed reload with one anyway. I prefer the mechanical simplicity, reliability, and low price of the original type.

There’s a dedicated forum for the NAA mini revolvers, it’s affiliated with the NAA website but they don’t prohibit posts about problems members are having with their guns.

Posts: 26911 | Location: Jerkwater, Texas | Registered: January 30, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I have the .22 mag Pug with the tritium sight and a slick little leather pocket holster. I can close my hand over the entire rig and I have small hands. I have multiple pistols suitable for concealed carry but more times than not, it's the Pug in my pocket when I leave the house. Several reasons, the first is my wife. While she tolerates my interest in weapons, if I strap on my LW 45 Commander, she's most likely going to spot it and say, "What are you bringing THAT for? Anyone who's been married knows there are some things, that just aren't worth the conversation they will cause. In addition, my build is such, that jeans and pants, that start out at my waist, usually end up around my hips, a phenomenon made worse by a belt-mounted firearm of almost any weight. Sure, it's a mouse gun and I wouldn't pull it if someone were pointing a 1911 at me but it's sure going to ruin the day of someone, who makes the classic mistake of bringing a knife to a gunfight. It took me awhile to believe that the gun had any inherent accuracy. I got better with practice. I would strongly advise that before depending on the gun for self defense, it be tested with your chosen ammunition. My dealer sold me a box of Winchester ammunition to go with the gun. The first shot locked up the gun. It happened each time I fired a round. The cylinder would not rotate to the next round. The tolerances on these pistols are very close and apparently, when fired, the empty Winchester case would back up just enough to lock up the cylinder. I contacted NAA about it, they said they had heard of that happening and suggested I use CCI, which does work fine .

Posts: 2560 | Location: Central Virginia | Registered: July 20, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Also, they might as well take the sights off these pistols. None of them shoot to point of aim, at least not that I've encountered. In my experience, NAA revolvers shoot very high.

Not true of my 4" Mini Master. It has adjustable sights. I had to lower it as far as it would go... that still wasn't quite enough... I took the rear sight apart and removed the spring that pushes the leaf up... that gave me a couple more clicks down... now it shoots right on the sights.

I'm sure the ones with the tiny short barrels aren't very useful at any distance or as plinkers but not true of the Mini Master dual cylinder. Great little revolver that I have used in the field on hikes and when fishing.

"Hope" is the thing with feathers -
That perches in the soul -

Posts: 687 | Location: Vinita, OK | Registered: October 19, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of inspcalahan
posted Hide Post
I have the Bugout version from TALO - both .22mag and lr. It rides daily in a little nylon/rubber pocket holster and you don't even know it's there. It's a second gun, certainly not a first.

The sights are very usable and give me "minute of chest" out to 10 yards all day long and at 5 yards, all shots fairly rapidly fired, result in about an 8 inch spread.

I went with the normal version, as opposed to the top break styles. I figured with this little blaster, speed reloads aren't my priority, as I've already worked through the big brother gun. I also had a concern that yanking this little thing from my pocket, somehow I could depress the top lever and "open" it up..not cool. Maybe it would never happen but, I thought about it and that was enough for me.

I really enjoy it.
http://www.taloinc.com/north-a.../bug-ii-magnum-combo

Posts: 824 | Location: Alaska | Registered: April 29, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of fpuhan
posted Hide Post
Like others, you guys are harmful to one's wallet! After reading about these here (and I passed on a NAA Guardian when I bought my Seecamp), I started researching. And then what do I come across? Last Friday, Handgun Magazine published a review of the new NAA Ranger Break Top II. They liked it!

So, while I like the break top loading (hence the name), the gun is larger than the PUG, and the PUG is the one that appeals to me most. I do notice there isn't much price fluctuation on these, whether it's GunBroker or somewhere else, like the Gun Gallery.

You can't truly call yourself "peaceful" unless you are capable of great violence. If you're not capable of great violence, you're not peaceful, you're harmless.

NRA Benefactor/Patriot Member

Posts: 2857 | Location: Peoples Republic of North Virginia | Registered: December 04, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post