SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Shield Arms mags arrived
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Shield Arms mags arrived Login/Join 
Picture of xaircav
posted
Lately I been seeing many more positive reviews of Shield Gen 2 magazine than negative. I ordered a three pack with metal mag catch for $148 shipped and they arrived in five days. Always the optimist I’m hoping for the best. All three drop free and cycle A-Zoom caps.

I have flown among the trees and looked into the face of the enemy.

Posts: 785 | Registered: October 26, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
That's a good price for everything like that. Where did you get them?

Posts: 6883 | Location: Treasure Coast,Fl. | Registered: July 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of xaircav
posted Hide Post
Directly from Shield.

I have flown among the trees and looked into the face of the enemy.

Posts: 785 | Registered: October 26, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Made from a
different mold
Picture of mutedblade
posted Hide Post
I have 3 and my wife and daughter 1 each for a total of 5 in the household. All work flawlessly. You should have no issues xaircav, but if you do Shield Arms will take care of you.

Posts: 2832 | Location: Lake Anna, VA | Registered: May 07, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I think the 43x is a good belt holster carry pistol , and with the Shield Arms 15 rd mags, a little Johnny Glock trigger work and also some grip stippling/texturing it becomes a great concealed carry pistol.
The only thing I do not like about the Shield Arms mags (both generations) and their steel mag catch is, (at least in my 43x), is that it takes very little mag catch pressure and travel to drop the mag, and it could be an issue for some overweight people or with the holster pulled tightly into the body and inadvertently releasing the mag. I suppose this can and does vary some from pistol to pistol, so it is something to check and be aware of with your pistol when using the SA Arms mags and mag release. I ended up just dumping my 43X and am now carrying a S&W Shield Plus.

1)

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Biggy,

Posts: 388 | Location: Ohio | Registered: November 01, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of iron chef
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Biggy:
The only problem I have with them (both Gens) that I was not too fond off is the amount of engagement their steel release has with their magazine. It feels like there is very little engagement and requires barely a press of the release itself before the magazine unseats.

This lack of engagement is largely why if you use anything other than a steel mag catch, it will get chewed up by the S15 mag until it is rendered inoperable.

Posts: 3186 | Location: Texas | Registered: June 17, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
It was not evil that made me dangerous. It was love.
posted Hide Post
I’ve seen nothing but issues, and they are hard to deal with if you want a refund. I know personally of a mag catch that was out of spec and they still didn’t want to do a refund. Go train with them. Like actually do mag changes and see how they do after hitting the ground.

For God and Country,

Shannon

Posts: 1272 | Location: Central MS | Registered: March 21, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I've got seven or eight of the Gen 1s and they've been reliable.

Posts: 5163 | Location: Iowa | Registered: February 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
For real?
Picture of Chowser
posted Hide Post
Got a couple of gen2s in from the first batch with no issues. My three gen1 mags from the second batch have been working fine. And i treat my mags like garbage. They get ejected and flung during reloads.

I haven’t hit anyone with the Shield mags yet. To date I have struck two people in the head with my guns. One a Glock 22 and the other an HK USP Compact. No damage to the magazine baseplates.

Not minority enough!

Posts: 8018 | Location: Cleveland, OH | Registered: August 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
E tan e epi tas
Picture of cslinger
posted Hide Post
quote:
I haven’t hit anyone with the Shield mags yet. To date I have struck two people in the head with my guns. One a Glock 22 and the other an HK USP Compact. No damage to the magazine baseplates.

I completely realize that you likely mean in the line of duty etc. that said I literally chuckled when I read this because all I thought was …….

“I’ll take stuff you don’t expect to hear for $200 Alex.” Smile

Christ now are we going to have to sit through a new wave of torture testing on YouTube where folks are pistol whipping ballistic dummies until the gun fails. Smile

"Guns are tools. The only weapon ever created was man."

Posts: 7681 | Location: On the water | Registered: July 25, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post