SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    365 Grip Module Compatibility
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

365 Grip Module Compatibility Login/Join 
posted
I wanted another 365, because I've found it's often easier to carry two micros than a spare mag, or at least as easy. I found a super deal on a very lightly used model with a tac pac. Being the child that I am with guns, I didn't notice it had a safety. Most of my pistols don't have them. I also have a new in bag WC grip module, in what they call coyote tan but I think is more green. It has no safety cutout. Can I use the module and just "freeze" the safety in an off position, or do I need to make a cut in the grip module? If I need the cut, is there a pattern somewhere I can follow (guess I could follow the original outline in the safety module)? Glad I bought the gun, and will carry it with safety if need be.

Thanks for the guidance!

Posts: 17147 | Location: Lexington, KY | Registered: October 15, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Failing to prepare is
preparing to fail.
Picture of SigLaw
posted Hide Post
You will need to cut the Wilson module to fit the safety. There are a number of templates on the net that you should be able to find. Though I have not done it, I understand it is pretty simple. Or, you can sell your module and use the funds toward one with a safety cutout.

Posts: 1360 | Location: Gilbert, AZ | Registered: November 08, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
probably a good thing
I don't have a cut
posted Hide Post
Or you could follow the instructions in some YouTube video and take out the manual safety from the P365 FCU and then just use the Wilson grip module unmodified.

Posts: 3388 | Location: Tampa, FL | Registered: February 09, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bookers Bourbon
and a good cigar
Picture of Johnny 3eagles
posted Hide Post
Remove the safety. If it takes more than 5 minutes you're doing it wrong.

BIDEN SUCKS.

If you're goin' through hell, keep on going.
Don't slow down. If you're scared don't show it.
You might get out before the devil even knows you're there.

NRA ENDOWMENT LIFE MEMBER

Posts: 7120 | Location: Arkansas  | Registered: November 06, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Excellent advice. I will take it and remove the safety.

Posts: 17147 | Location: Lexington, KY | Registered: October 15, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
There is no special safety cutout on P365 frame/FCU (unlike the P320) so just pop out the levers and put the pistol back together. (Note, I incorrectly wrote "grip" previously.)

I personally do not trust single action pistols without manual safeties so rather than remove the levers from one pistol I'd add them to the other so both pistols operate identically. A single range session should provide enough time to adapt to depressing the safety during the draw stroke.

Your call.

As for carrying a spare pistol I'm interested where and how you're going to carry it. Most convenient place seems to be on the opposite side of where the primary pistol is carried thus a "left hand" draw which (for me) would take a lot of practice.

-- Chuck

This message has been edited. Last edited by: chuck s,

"Never send a man where you can send a bullet."

Posts: 3034 | Location: Chesterfield, Virginia | Registered: June 05, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post