SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Tamara Keel reports on Sig Range Day - but features GrayGuns products
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Tamara Keel reports on Sig Range Day - but features GrayGuns products Login/Join 
goodheart
Picture of sjtill
posted
Link (includes photos)

At SIG SAUER’s range day there weren’t any product launches with the market-disrupting force of the P365 from last year, but that doesn’t mean that the New Hampshire-based manufacturer had no new cards up its sleeve this January.

Among the fresh products getting worked out by media shooters was the single-action-only version of the SIG SAUER P229.

While SAO variants of the full-size single-stack P220 and the double-stack P226 have been on the market for a while, the SAO compact P229 fits a different market niche than its larger cousins. Think of it as a Wilson Combat EDC X9 for people who have to worry about utility bills.

The gun that was out for us to blast with featured a Grayguns-influenced straight trigger that broke at a 90-degree angle in single action and was a fast favorite after only a couple magazines.

Speaking of Grayguns, they had a few other guns out on display on Sunday. There was a 10mm P220 that also featured a flat-faced DA trigger, this one being the actual in-house Grayguns product. In addition to the straight trigger and recontoured E2 grips, the Grayguns 10mm P220 featured a round-spurred “Commander-style” hammer. The mixture of retro and futuristic flavors gave the gun an aesthetic aptly described by Grayguns COO Mike Grasso as “Miami Vice 2025.”

Grayguns hasn’t confined their attention to the classic metal-framed P-series, either. Among the pistols on the Grayguns table at SIG’s Premier Media Range Day were a pair of SIG Pro SP2022’s, sitting side-by-side, one with a nitrided slide and the other matte stainless. The difference between the two? The black one was stock, while the shiny one featured a new Grayguns trigger parts set that’s available as a drop-in kit.

With the two guns side-by-side, it was easy to see just what an improvement the Grayguns parts gave in trigger pull and reset. The new parts make for a drop-in improvement for the SP2022 and will be reviewed in an upcoming post here.

Posts: 18018 | Location: One hop from Paradise | Registered: July 27, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of jcsabolt2
posted Hide Post
GG certainly does not disappoint, really liking that light bronze color or whatever they are calling it.

----------
“Nobody can ever take your integrity away from you. Only you can give up your integrity.” H. Norman Schwarzkopf

Posts: 3623 | Registered: July 06, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of P6shooter
posted Hide Post
I'm interested to see what GG has done for the SP2022..

Posts: 820 | Location: New Hampshire | Registered: May 10, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I love those GGI grips!

“People have to really suffer before they can risk doing what they love.” –Chuck Palahnuik

Be harder to kill: https://preparefit.ck.page

Posts: 5043 | Location: Oregon | Registered: October 02, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Grayguns trigger parts set for the SP2022 has my attention.

Posts: 875 | Location: South Dakota | Registered: May 21, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Sparkyk:
Grayguns trigger parts set for the SP2022 has my attention.

I’m aurprised it took this long. Bruce is fan of the SP2022. It was his carry gun last OpSec training class I attended.

Posts: 528 | Location: Texas | Registered: March 25, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post