SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Sig P320 X Compact Question
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Sig P320 X Compact Question Login/Join 
posted
Does Sig-Sauer make the P320 X Compact grip module in small, medium and large like the standard grip modules?

I have small hands and short fingers and while the X Compact grip feels good, a smaller grip module would be better for me.

Thanks in advance.

Bill

Posts: 232 | Registered: January 20, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The x-compact is actually a subcompact slide and barrel; you can put a subcompact frame on it, and you've got a much smaller grip.

Wilson just released their compact, 15-round grip module. The dust cover should be mated to the compact slide, which is a little longer than the subcompact "x-compact" slide. Upshot, you'd need to shorten the dust cover slightly, which is dirt-simple, seeing as it's plastic. The wilson frame is smaller and easier to grip, narrower along the backstrap. You'd still have 15 round magazine capacity, with the magazines flush with the bottom of the grip module .

Posts: 6650 | Registered: September 13, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Conductor in Residence
Picture of Maestro
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by WCCPHD:
Does Sig-Sauer make the P320 X Compact grip module in small, medium and large like the standard grip modules?

I have small hands and short fingers and while the X Compact grip feels good, a smaller grip module would be better for me.

Thanks in advance.

Bill

Yes. While they are not currently in stock, Sig lists small carry and full-size frames available on the X series grips. Look on their website under Sig Store and Grip Modules.

I’m hoping for a large one down the road.

Posts: 3678 | Location: Tampa Bay, FL | Registered: July 23, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Kashew
posted Hide Post
Both Osage County and Proven outfitters have the small Coyote x-compact module in stock. My small coy from proven is out for delivery today.

Posts: 30 | Location: Sonoran Desert | Registered: November 13, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Kashew
posted Hide Post
[/QUOTE]

I’m hoping for a large one down the road.[/QUOTE]

How do you feel about white?

https://osagecountyguns.com/si...dx-c-943-lg-wht.html

Posts: 30 | Location: Sonoran Desert | Registered: November 13, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I got a small X-compact grip from AB prototype, with manual safety cut. Compared to the medium that ships with X-compact pistols, it is a little smaller, but not a lot.

The difference between the medium and small standard compact grips is more pronounced.

Sig needs to be better about making these available. The whole "modular" concept is great but not if you can't actually get the modules.

Posts: 4727 | Location: Indiana | Registered: December 28, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sns3guppy:

Wilson just released their compact, 15-round grip module. The dust cover should be mated to the compact slide, which is a little longer than the subcompact "x-compact"

Where did you see one for a 15 round mag?

Posts: 1900 | Location: East Tennessee | Registered: October 25, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by twpayne75:

https://shopwilsoncombat.com/Modules/products/1269/

Posts: 4727 | Location: Indiana | Registered: December 28, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Lefty Sig:
quote:
Originally posted by twpayne75:

https://shopwilsoncombat.com/Modules/products/1269/

So I'm assuming you would just need to cut the dust cover to use with an X Compact?

Edit: never mind. They had to have just released that. They made one with the correct length dust cover, or grip length, but not both.

Thanks for the heads up. Just ordered one.

Posts: 1900 | Location: East Tennessee | Registered: October 25, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Kashew
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Lefty Sig:
I got a small X-compact grip from AB prototype, with manual safety cut. Compared to the medium that ships with X-compact pistols, it is a little smaller, but not a lot.

I agree 100%. I am not sure if I could tell the difference with my eyes closed?
They feel the same too me. I had to check to make sure there was an "S" on the new grip.