SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Completed my latest project... M17R3
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Completed my latest project... M17R3 Login/Join 
Picture of JAG_SE
posted
As a homage to the Max Michel X5 Romeo3Max, and a little “can it be done” craftsmanship... (and out of a little jealousy) I created the M17R3!!!

Using a M17 slide, I was able to mount a Romeo3 directly to the slide by removing rear notch material from the slide. I couldn’t find a shop that would take such a small project, so I had to do it myself. A belt sander got me started and I finished it up with a file. Once the mounting area was flat, the romeo3 almost lined up with the screw holes that hold the rear sight in place, but not quite. There was enough space to get some smaller screws through the slide and optic allowing for a secure mount. Unfortunately, I didn’t think to take any pictures during the filing process or before tightening everything up... and it’s already zeroed in... so, sorry!

So far it has held up for about 100 rounds.

Thought I’d share it...

Posts: 54 | Registered: August 30, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
You dig
Picture of evolution
posted Hide Post
That really looks great.

Posts: 2602 | Location: Atlanta, GA | Registered: June 02, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
It's all part of
the adventure...
posted Hide Post
Very cool!

Regards From Sunny Tucson,
SigFan

NRA Life - IDPA - USCCA - GOA - JPFO - ACLDN - SAF - AZCDL - ASA

"Faith isn't believing that God can; it's knowing that He will." (From a sign on a church in Nicholasville, Kentucky)

Posts: 1679 | Location: Tucson, Arizona | Registered: January 30, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
That looks very sharp

Posts: 991 | Location: UP of Michigan | Registered: October 21, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gracie Allen is my
personal savior!
posted Hide Post
Simplicity to the point of elegance.

Posts: 27291 | Location: Deep in the heart of the brush country, and closing on that #&*%!?! roadrunner. Really. | Registered: February 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post