SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Springfield EMP 4 9mm 18lb recoil spring test.
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Springfield EMP 4 9mm 18lb recoil spring test. Login/Join 
posted
Testing out the new 18lb recoil spring. We'll be offering a stock rate 15lb spring also.

Posts: 134 | Registered: August 24, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Prepared for the Worst, Providing the Best
Picture of 92fstech
posted Hide Post
Interesting...my emp4 is getting close to 5,000 rounds, and I should probably be thinking about a recoil spring replacement. What are the benefits of the heavier 18lb over the stock 15lb spring? I know my gun seems to be sprung pretty heavy as it is...I had to juice up my reloads a bit to get it to cycle reliably when I first got it.

Seeing as it's a captured spring, will you be selling just the springs or the full guide-rod assembly?

Posts: 8613 | Location: In the Cornfields | Registered: May 25, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 92fstech:
Interesting...my emp4 is getting close to 5,000 rounds, and I should probably be thinking about a recoil spring replacement. What are the benefits of the heavier 18lb over the stock 15lb spring? I know my gun seems to be sprung pretty heavy as it is...I had to juice up my reloads a bit to get it to cycle reliably when I first got it.

Seeing as it's a captured spring, will you be selling just the springs or the full guide-rod assembly?

The EMP 4 inch is not a captured guide rod, so it will be just the spring. The higher the spring rate the greater the reduction in felt recoil and muzzle rise with good quality factory loaded ammunition.

Posts: 134 | Registered: August 24, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post