SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    P320 Manual Safety/Trigger Question
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

P320 Manual Safety/Trigger Question Login/Join 
posted
Just took delivery on a new 320 carry with manual safety. Promptly swapped the grip for a Wilson Compact with MS notch, really like the feel. But the trigger pull is a whopping 7.3 lbs. Thumb safety seems a bit small for me also. Wanted to try a straight trigger for better leverage that is not any heavier (in mass) than the post recall light factory trigger that is compatible with the manual safety FCU. Can the factory SIG straight trigger work or is there a better aftermarket trigger?

Thanks in advance!

Posts: 34 | Registered: October 26, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The factory straight trigger works fine. The P320 trigger is improved with overtravel limiting, which can be had with the Grayguns trigger.

https://grayguns.com/product/p...le-straight-trigger/

Posts: 6650 | Registered: September 13, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
My manual safety .45 320 Compacts trigger pull is almost identical to my non safety models. Might be worth a call to Sig to see if 7.5 pounds is a fault with the FCU.

End of Earth: 2 Miles
Upper Peninsula: 4 Miles

Posts: 16098 | Location: Marquette MI | Registered: July 08, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Yeah I’d contact Sig. My experience with their latest striker guns is just 1 issued M-17 and a personal 365, but those 2 triggers were very similar, nowhere near 7lbs and light enough I got my 365 with a safety as well and appreciate the extra insurance esp. for AIWB carry.

“People have to really suffer before they can risk doing what they love.” –Chuck Palahnuik

Be harder to kill: https://preparefit.ck.page

Posts: 5043 | Location: Oregon | Registered: October 02, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
7.3lbs is a bit high. It'll probably break in so give it a fair share of dry firing first.

I tried the SIG straight trigger in my P320 w/manual safety but went back to the stock curved SIG trigger. Suited my hands/fingers better.

Posts: 1251 | Location: Oregon | Registered: March 18, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
probably a good thing
I don't have a cut
posted Hide Post
I have read somewhere that the P320's with the manual safeties were Massachusetts compliant pistols, so had heavier trigger pulls. If it's true that it came from the factory that way, I doubt they will fix it for free but you never know until you ask. Otherwise, I'm sure you could have a trigger job done that would fix it.

Found a listing for a manual safety P320 Compact that lists its trigger pull at 6.5lbs.

Sig Sauer P320 Nitron Compact Manual Safety Massachusetts Compliant

Posts: 3385 | Location: Tampa, FL | Registered: February 09, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thanks for all the replies. I hope I do not have a Mass compliant extra heavy module. That would be a major bummer. Guess I'll have to call them to find out.

Thanks again for the advice. Will update this thread after I speak with Sig.

posted Hide Post
Spoke with Ryan at Sig, thankfully the unit is not a Mass compliant model, however he indicated that even an 8lb trigger is within spec for the 320...I ordered a Sig X5 legion skeleton straight trigger, kinda pricey, but hope it will bring it down per the advertised 30% which would bring it down to about 5.1 Lbs. We'll see.

posted Hide Post
8 pounds and its within spec? News to me!

End of Earth: 2 Miles
Upper Peninsula: 4 Miles

Posts: 16098 | Location: Marquette MI | Registered: July 08, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post