SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    600 for a Interarms blued PPKs w/shoulder holster?
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

600 for a Interarms blued PPKs w/shoulder holster? Login/Join 
Semper Fidelis Marines
posted
Is this a decent price, it is a solid good, but barely. Bluing is decent, BBL is good, holster wear and slide to frame is good, just seems a bit high to me ? it is a nice Jackass style sholder holster

thanks, shawn
Semper Fi,
---->>> EXCUSE TYPOS<<<---

Posts: 3325 | Location: TEXAS! | Registered: February 15, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
quarter MOA visionary
Picture of smschulz
posted Hide Post
Only a question you can answer.

Posts: 22932 | Location: Houston, TX | Registered: June 11, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Sigforum K9 handler
Picture of jljones
posted Hide Post
I’d say it’s a good price.

www.opspectraining.com

"It's a bold strategy, Cotton. Let's see if it works out for them"

Posts: 37118 | Location: Logical | Registered: September 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
teacher of history
Picture of maxwayne
posted Hide Post
Sounds good to me.

Posts: 5627 | Location: Central Illinois | Registered: March 04, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Semper Fidelis Marines
posted Hide Post
thanks fellas, I have the bug and I want one, I did some research while waiting on replies , it is a tad high for my area and being blued (and not the SW model) but it is a neat piece tho. thanks

thanks, shawn
Semper Fi,

Posts: 3325 | Location: TEXAS! | Registered: February 15, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
You mentioned that the Interarms PPK was blue instead of stainless. If so, was it actually made in Germany. If that blued model is not marred up, it would be a real plus for me instead of a stainless model. If it was one actually made in Germany and imported in early 1968 or earlier, it would be even more desirable.

I have had many of these over the years but find my Fort Smith PPK/S stainless to be the best and most accurate one I ever had.

This one was one of the last PPKs imported by Interarms in 1968. It is unfired and came with the original box, owners manual and target. The only thing I do with is drool over it Smile.

Trooper Joe

Posts: 426 | Location: Michigan | Registered: September 22, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Poppy6x
posted Hide Post
Trooper Joe has it right. I have several PPK and PPK/S models and I find the Fort Smith versions to be the most accurate and reliable. I carry and shoot the Fort Smiths and the rest stay in the safe and ( hopefully) continue to appreciate. I run everything from FMJ to Underwood +P in coated hard cast and extreme defender (Lehigh) to Hornady FTX. Never a problem. Not sure why this is but it just is.

Sigs, HKs, S&Ws, Rugers, Wilsons, Nighthawks, Colts

Posts: 234 | Location: St. Louis, MO | Registered: June 15, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Raptorman
Picture of Mars_Attacks
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Trooper Joe:
You mentioned that the Interarms PPK was blue instead of stainless. If so, was it actually made in Germany.

France. All German PPK's were made in France after the war. They were then hardened, blued, assembled and proofed in Germany. 1978 is around the final year.

Then there are the Rangers that were made in Alabama. A blued Ranger is stupid rare.

After that is Smith and Wesson. These have the wonky beaver tail.

And now back in Arkansas. Even these can have the beaver tail.

Eeewwww, don't touch it!
Here, poke at it with this stick.

Posts: 34132 | Location: North, GA | Registered: October 09, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Semper Fidelis Marines
posted Hide Post
Thanks fellas, I could not work out a good trade , so I passed, I may take another run at it payday LOL

thanks, shawn
Semper Fi,

Raptorman
Picture of Mars_Attacks
posted Hide Post
I paid almost $800 for an Interarms "Made In Germany" PPK/S. (blued)

I traded a revolver for my stainless (Interarms VA) Ranger Arms Alabama produced in SS.

I would LOVE to find a pre/war true German production PPK.

Eeewwww, don't touch it!
Here, poke at it with this stick.

Posts: 34132 | Location: North, GA | Registered: October 09, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I have several PP’s and PPK’s. All are in .32 ACP. I swear they run their best in that caliber.

Posts: 882 | Location: High desert. Nevada | Registered: April 15, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I'm pretty sure my .32 PPK was made in Germany!

It has the 90 deg. safety and according to the S/N was made in 1937. Came to me with a commercial holster and both mags.

The pistol won't grade excellent, but it will grade a strong very good +.

------------------------------------------------------------
"I have resolved to fight as long as Marse Robert has a corporal's guard, or until he says give up. He is the man I shall follow or die in the attempt."

Feb. 27, 1865 Letter by Sgt. Henry P. Fortson 'B' Co. 31st GA Vol. Inf.

Posts: 1229 | Location: Coastal NC | Registered: December 08, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I agree that the .32 cal seemed to be the best functioning PPK. My first PPK was an old war time gun, .32 cal, I bought in 1965. Had it reblued and carried it off duty for several years before I foolishly sold it.

About 2018, I finally found a rough German made .32 PPK. I decided to have it reblued (asking the gunsmith to be careful not to buff off the left slide markings) and treated it to a nice set of Grips4u grips.

Trooper Joe

Posts: 426 | Location: Michigan | Registered: September 22, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
600 for a Interarms blued PPKs

Before I spent that much on an Interarms era PPK/S, I would at least price shop against a current production unit. If you buy a new production unit and you have a problem, you have recourse. The same can't be said for an Interarms era pistol.

This is just my opinion, but the only post-WW II Walther PPK's / PPK/S's / PP's that have any collector's value are the Pre-GCA 1968 Walther PPK's. After the GCA of 1968, PPK's could no longer be imported because they didn't have enough import points. So that set supply to what was already in the country.

Again, that is just my opinion.

Posts: 6627 | Location: Virginia | Registered: January 22, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Broadside:
quote:

Before I spent that much on an Interarms era PPK/S, I would at least price shop against a current production unit. If you buy a new production unit and you have a problem, you have recourse. The same can't be said for an Interarms era pistol.

This is just my opinion, but the only post-WW II Walther PPK's / PPK/S's / PP's that have any collector's value are the Pre-GCA 1968 Walther PPK's. After the GCA of 1968, PPK's could no longer be imported because they didn't have enough import points. So that set supply to what was already in the country.

I have a PP in 7.65, no import marking just Carl Walther Waffen...... There's a small 66 on the barrel and the SN is 360577. Is there a data base where I can look up the mfg date and where it was made ?

Posts: 935 | Location: Central Ohio | Registered: January 05, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Hop head
Picture of lyman
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Genorogers:
quote:
Originally posted by Broadside:
quote:

I have a PP in 7.65, no import marking just Carl Walther Waffen...... There's a small 66 on the barrel and the SN is 360577. Is there a data base where I can look up the mfg date and where it was made ?

66 is the year it was made

here you go

https://www.waltherforums.com/...ts-see-post-2.18519/

click the pdf in post 2

https://www.chesterfieldarmament.com/

Posts: 10427 | Location: Beach VA,not VA Beach | Registered: July 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thanks lyman....what I needed to know.

Posts: 935 | Location: Central Ohio | Registered: January 05, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post