SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    P365XL vs G48 at the range
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

P365XL vs G48 at the range Login/Join 
Unapologetic Old
School Curmudgeon
Picture of Lord Vaalic
posted
My unscientific opinion and range day.

This was the first time I ever shot the 365XL, I have had the G48 at the range a couple of times before. Both were 50 rounds of Speer Lawman 124gr. at 25 feet. These are compact carry pistols, so I dont anticipate they would be used for competition or longer range shooting. This comparison is for stock out of the box versions, I know there are many upgrades for each but thats not what I am comparing.

Price - Glock 48. Cheaper and so are mags, etc

Sights - Sig, no question. The stock Sig sights are excellent, the stock Glock sights are the usual stock sights

Ergos - Slight edge to Sig becasue of the trigger shoe. I am already a Glock guy so the Glock ergos are normal for me. However I will say for whatever reason the G48 trigger safety tab is the worst of any Glock I have and chews into my finger

Recoil - Slight, very slight edge to the Glock. I can get a little better grip on the longer Glock grip but there isnt much difference in double taps or felt recoil

Accuracy - Glock had tighter group, but a little left. Sig was more centered

In my opinion, out of the box the P365XL is the better pistol, but its not a runaway win. The G48 is a very close second

Don't weep for the stupid, or you will be crying all day

Posts: 10729 | Location: TN | Registered: December 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I like the real-world reviews by SIGforum members more than the ones I can read from a professional reviewer in a magazine/pro's website. Thanks for posting this.

Posts: 4981 | Location: Arkansas | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thank you very much for posting. The ultimate head to head and best choices (IMHO).
I have several of the G 43/43X/48 and the Sig 365/365XL family.
I like the feel and like to shoot more my Glocks, but I must say it is the 365 that I carry, and shoot more accurately. I keep telling myself the ergos are different enough that I should shoot only the Sigs, but those Glocks keep calling.

Posts: 826 | Location: Baltimore, MD | Registered: March 29, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Unapologetic Old
School Curmudgeon
Picture of Lord Vaalic
posted Hide Post
I also have a G43, but thought it was closer to the 365 than the XL

With new sights, a new trigger, the G48 may win out but this was out of the box comparison

Don't weep for the stupid, or you will be crying all day

Posts: 10729 | Location: TN | Registered: December 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I tend to carry a P365 or P365 XL, but to me the GLOCK 48 seems like a striker-fired LW Commander. And that's a good thing.

Posts: 632 | Registered: June 11, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Where liberty dwells,
there is my country
Picture of Nick
posted Hide Post
I also had both, but sold the G48. I agree with the OP regarding the safety dingus, it bothered me as well. I shot the SIG better, it carried better and holds more ammo.

"Escaped the liberal Borg and living free"

Posts: 2226 | Location: North Carolina, USA | Registered: January 21, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Telecom Ronin
Picture of dewhorse
posted Hide Post
Bought a G48 for my wife....sure that's it Wink

Have not shot the P365 beyond dry firing a friends but someday when things chill out I will replace my Ruger P9s with one for pocket carry.

The G48 rides so flat IWB...in fact a bit too flat so I picked up a OWB for a G43 and it is just about perfect for days I don't carry a BHP or P228.

Mine has XO big dots ....for the "wife" and it shoots quite well.

Posts: 8301 | Location: Back in NE TX ....to stay | Registered: February 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
My G48 stung my finger too. I put a Polydat trigger in it. Problem solved.

End of Earth: 2 Miles
Upper Peninsula: 4 Miles

Posts: 16094 | Location: Marquette MI | Registered: July 08, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
As soon as the Glock safety tab came up my trigger finger began to hurt!

Posts: 143 | Location: mich | Registered: June 24, 2020Reply With QuoteReport This Post