SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Converting PPK to Decock Only
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Converting PPK to Decock Only Login/Join 
posted
Curious if it is possible to make a PPK (or PPK/S, in my case) decock only, similar to Beretta 92 G conversion?

If so, how?

If not, why not?

Happiness is a warm gun.

Posts: 447 | Location: Shenandoah Valley | Registered: February 15, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
What is the big deal? After applying safety and hammer drops, take off safe and put in holster. I doubt there is any part
Or kit to make such a classic decock only

Posts: 3293 | Location: Finally free in AZ! | Registered: February 14, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I have often wondered if a PPK/S could be converted to double action only. However, since I am probably the only person who would be interested in such a pistol, I've never done more than wondered. I don't even own a PPK/S.

If anyone could convert a PPK or PPK/S to decock only, it would probably be the following two outfits:

M&M Gunsmithing

Earl's Repair Service, Inc.

I knew Mike at M&&M Gunsmithing when he was still in Alexandria, VA. He is a former Interarms Gunsmith and has probably seen and worked on thousands of Walthers through the years. He did work on several firearms of mine when he was in Alexandria and I was always very happy with the service.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Broadside,

Posts: 6623 | Location: Virginia | Registered: January 22, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
SIG-Sauer
Anthropologist
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by neex:
Curious if it is possible to make a PPK (or PPK/S, in my case) decock only, similar to Beretta 92 G conversion?

If so, how?

If not, why not?

you will need somebody with knowledge and the skills build a copy of the PP Super safety and being able to convert the trigger assembly and the slide to host the new system.

Posts: 3775 | Location: Switzerland | Registered: January 24, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Sounds expensive is all I got.

Posts: 7537 | Location: Florida | Registered: June 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Well, it would be expensive. And, hurt the value of the Walther.

Probably easier to just buy a Sig P230/232.

Unless, that’s just what you really want, then, go for it!

Posts: 882 | Location: High desert. Nevada | Registered: April 15, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:

Got one. But I carry the PPK/S (shoulder holster) for 2 reasons:

[1] Mag release (as I carry 2 extra mags)

[2] S&W currently makes them (so I'm not wearing out a relic)

I've done decock only conversions on my Beretta 8000 (easy--just a spring removal) and 92FS (with the kit sold by Beretta). I'm not as familiar with the engineering design of the PPK, but this definitely sounds far more involved, and I'm not so eager that I would take it to a gunsmith.

Posts: 447 | Location: Shenandoah Valley | Registered: February 15, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The Beretta Cougar got it right. Remove one little spring. Easy peasy.

Posts: 7537 | Location: Florida | Registered: June 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Great Equalizer
Picture of colt_saa
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by neex:
quote:

Got one. But I carry the PPK/S (shoulder holster) for 2 reasons:

[1] Mag release (as I carry 2 extra mags)

[2] S&W currently makes them (so I'm not wearing out a relic)

I've done decock only conversions on my Beretta 8000 (easy--just a spring removal) and 92FS (with the kit sold by Beretta). I'm not as familiar with the engineering design of the PPK, but this definitely sounds far more involved, and I'm not so eager that I would take it to a gunsmith.

Just about any Gun Smithing project can be accomplished if you throw enough time and money at it

I predict that this project would be expensive. Probably the cost of a few new Walther PPk/s at least. Now to some people cost is not an issue. Unfortunately I am not in that category

BTW,
Smith & Wesson has not manufactured the PP family of firearms for several years now. I do not recall exactly when their deal ran out.

Walthers are now manufactured by Walther Arms, INC.in Fort Smith, Arkansas

Myself, I like that Smith & Wedson extended the tang on the pistols, it reduced the slide bite that I get

------------------------------------------------------------------
NRA Benefactor . . . Certified Instructor . . . Certified RSO
SWCA

356TSW.com
45talk.com
RacingPlanetUSA.Com

Posts: 5179 | Location: Cocoa Beach, Florida | Registered: November 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I'm sure it's possible. Beretta, Ruger, CZ have sold DA/SA pistols in decocker/safety and decocker-only versions. But a one-off design and conversion would probably cost more than the gun itself.

Posts: 838 | Registered: September 27, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Blume9mm
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by captain127:
What is the big deal? After applying safety and hammer drops, take off safe and put in holster. I doubt there is any part
Or kit to make such a classic decock only

that's always been my solution... just leave the Safety off.....

I never have liked these semi-autos with that little lever on the side that covers the red dot. With that said, I accidentally acquired an FNS-9 last year that I would not carry with out the safety on.. it's either that or leave the chamber empty....would be way too easy to cause a Glock Trigger mishap.

My Native American Name:
"Runs with Scissors"

Posts: 4441 | Location: Greenville, SC | Registered: January 30, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Every day is New Year's Day
for Calendar Boy!

Oh, and I'm BANNED
posted Hide Post
Easiest way to convert a PPK to decock only... Trade it for a SIG P230.

Posts: 1045 | Registered: September 06, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
E tan e epi tas
Picture of cslinger
posted Hide Post
What’s funny is every time a question like this comes up I am reminded of and old car guy saying.

“How fast do you wanna go? How much money do you have.”

There are VERY FEW problems that prodigious amounts of money can’t solve. For the rest there is duct tape, WD40 and explosives. Razz

As was said I don’t think the cost would be worth it. After all the time, money and effort a P230/232 starts making a lot of sense.

"Guns are tools. The only weapon ever created was man."

Posts: 7684 | Location: On the water | Registered: July 25, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
If it’s a stainless Interarms model, just shoot a few thousand rounds through it. Eventually it will become DAO... most of the time. Ask me how I know.

Posts: 49 | Registered: November 05, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post