SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Any opinions on the Walter PDP F?
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Any opinions on the Walter PDP F? Login/Join 
posted
Who has been shooting Walther's lately? I haven't used one much since the original PPS.

I'm interested in the new PDP F model which has a grip optimized for smaller hands. Mine are more medium in size but in store I really like the shorter reach onto the trigger. The reset seemed really nice. I liked the pronounced serrations for easy cocking and the RMR ready slide.

I realize this pistol was originally designed for Female shooters but I'm not finding any reasons not to like it.

Has anyone shot one or have opinions pro or con, even if on striker fired Walthers in general?

Remember, this is all supposed to be for fun...................

Posts: 4123 | Registered: April 06, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
We've had a couple of the Fs come through the shop. While I haven't shot the F version, I don't find the grip of the standard PDPs all that hard at all to handle and shoot well with, and I have hands that are most certainly on the small side. The F definitely plays well with smaller hands, regardless if they're female or male. For me I wouldn't go out of my way to find a F to buy, but I get it that some guys will always seek out the "bestist" in ergonomics and comfort, searching for that perfect fit. I'm simply not one of those guys and often think this preoccupation over ergonomics is severely overrated and overthought about. Meanwhile I've been quite satisfied and content with my full size PDP and its very standard grip.

-MG

Posts: 1994 | Location: The commie, rainy side of WA | Registered: April 19, 2020Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I had the compact for awhile. Grip was comfortable and the trigger was very good. Just couldn't get away from that huge slide. Not very compact in my opinion.

Posts: 1660 | Location: SC | Registered: December 10, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I love Walthers in general. My gun I shoot better than any other (as in faster draw and target acquisition) is my PPS M2, with the PPS Classic right behind it. Ergos are superb for me, including trigger reach. Magguts makes it a 10-rd pistol and I love it. Haven’t tried the PDP F yet as I love single stacks, and if I carry a double it’s one of my P320s.

Posts: 165 | Registered: October 13, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post