SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Sig 320 slide size question
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Sig 320 slide size question Login/Join 
posted
I bought a full size Spectre with comp. Want to buy a Legion X5 slide optics reefy to put on the comp’d gun. It could be another brand if need be.

What size slide and barrel do I buy. Sig list 9 million of them.

Thanks

PB

Posts: 65 | Registered: November 27, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of OttoSig
posted Hide Post
I’m not sure I follow, if you currently own a full size slide with comp, then you’re next one needs to be a full-size to prevent a gap between the end of the barrel and comp.

And the Legion can’t be a different brand as that is a Sig trademark.

Optics ready won’t matter but the slide needs to be 4.7” if you’re reusing the barrel and comp.

If you’re buying a complete slide assembly with barrel then it’s a moot point if the barrel of threaded for your comp.

Can use nearly ANY frame with full size except subcompact. Full-size will be flush minus the comp and compact or carry will have more of the slide “ball cuts” area exposed. But should still be free of voids.

11 years to retirement! Just waiting!

Posts: 6335 | Location: Maryland | Registered: August 10, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Legion X5 slide = 5” barrel, assuming it’s non-threaded. Hence the name, X5, when full size is a 4.7” barrel.

Posts: 354 | Location: Michigan | Registered: November 30, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of OttoSig
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ah3:
Legion X5 slide = 5” barrel, assuming it’s non-threaded. Hence the name, X5, when full size is a 4.7” barrel.

Ignore me then, but perhaps some of what I said still applies???

11 years to retirement! Just waiting!

Posts: 6335 | Location: Maryland | Registered: August 10, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by OttoSig:
Ignore me then, but perhaps some of what I said still applies???

The OP’s post is confusing and unclear. I just kept my response to the specific part about wanting to buy an X5 slide.

Posts: 354 | Location: Michigan | Registered: November 30, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Yea I blew that post.

I saw different length slides ie 3.9 slide etc. on Sigs web store. I wanted to know how long a full size slide is in inches.

yes I know I want 5 inch barrel. Might go threaded. Just looking for ideas since I’m not thrilled with my Spectre. It doesn’t shoot any flatter than my X5.

PB

Posts: 65 | Registered: November 27, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Shall Not Be Infringed
Picture of nhracecraft
posted Hide Post
As you're indicating you want to know what size Slide AND Barrel, you can get whatever fits on a full size Grip Module, namely an X-Full (4.7" bbl) or an X5 (5" bbl). What's confusing is that you ALSO say 'to put on the comp'd gun'. If you're replacing the Slide AND the Barrel, you NO longer have a 'comp'd gun'...All you would have then is a fancy full size P320 X-Series Grip Module w/ an FCU.

If Some is Good, and More is Better.....then Too Much, is Just Enough !!
Trump 2024....Save America!
"May Almighty God bless the United States of America" - parabellum 7/26/20
Live Free or Die!

Posts: 8928 | Location: New Hampshire | Registered: October 29, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
X5 5”
Full 4.7”
Carry/Compact 3.9”
X-Compact/Sub-Compact 3.6”

probably a good thing
I don't have a cut
posted Hide Post
Sig sells a conversion kit on their website that has the Xfive Legion parts.

https://www.sigsauer.com/x5-tx...-17rd-magazines.html

But you can buy just the slide, barrel, recoil rod and spring for less from Armory Craft.

https://www.armorycraft.com/pr...lide-5-barrel-spring

Posts: 3389 | Location: Tampa, FL | Registered: February 09, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Gray Guns has P320 slides with bull barrels. This would be on top of my list.

About half way down the page:
https://grayguns.com/custom-slides/

-c1steve

Posts: 4061 | Location: West coast | Registered: March 31, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post