SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Contemplating a Sig/Sauer P226 Classic in .22lr, but...
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Contemplating a Sig/Sauer P226 Classic in .22lr, but... Login/Join 
posted
am curious as to where they are made?

The US or Germany?

Posts: 154 | Location: Sydney, Australia | Registered: December 23, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
7.62mm Crusader
posted Hide Post
Cant help you much lenny but Welcome backies to Sig Forum. Thought you only came around at Christmas time.

Posts: 17905 | Location: The Bluegrass State! | Registered: December 23, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Wait, what?
Picture of gearhounds
posted Hide Post
These are essentially a standard center fire lower with a .22 kit on top from the factory, and I believe they were manufactured in the US. I’m not sure if any involved German made parts (frame) and assembled here or not but I don’t think so. Googling the platform and looking at images, they all appear to be of US manufacture by serial number and company stamp.

“Remember to get vaccinated or a vaccinated person might get sick from a virus they got vaccinated against because you’re not vaccinated.” - author unknown

Posts: 15611 | Location: Martinsburg WV | Registered: April 02, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by David Lee:
Cant help you much lenny but Welcome backies to Sig Forum. Thought you only came around at Christmas time.

Hahaha - thanks David

Posts: 154 | Location: Sydney, Australia | Registered: December 23, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Corgis Rock
Picture of Icabod
posted Hide Post
Purchased one several years ago. Fairly quickly I purchased the 9mm x-change kit then the .40 caliber kit.
As a .22 I’d occasionally have FTE. I’ve never experimented to find if different brands worked better. The pistol has the same grip and dimensions but not the weight of a 9mm or .40 kit.

“ The work of destruction is quick, easy and exhilarating; the work of creation is slow, laborious and dull.

Posts: 6060 | Location: Outside Seattle | Registered: November 29, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
My 226 .22 Classic was made in the US.
It works almost 100% with MiniMags.

I also added a 9MM upper kit and .357 kit and had Sig do its magic on the trigger.

In .22 it fired reliably but accuracy was so-so. I sent it back when I got the trigger work done and they changed the barrel and reset the sights.
It shoots great now in .22 and with the CF kits....is a potent SHTF self defense pistol around the home.

In .22, it's great for new shooters and casual target/plinking.

But as a straight .22....without using the CF kits, a Ruger or Buckmark .22 may be a better alternative.

Posts: 957 | Registered: March 16, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post