SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    P320 Spectre Comp Cleaning Question
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

P320 Spectre Comp Cleaning Question Login/Join 
posted
What's the best way to remove the lead build up?Carbon can be removed with no problem but the lead is starting to build up.

Any suggestions?

Posts: 85 | Location: NW of Tampa Fl | Registered: August 05, 2022Reply With QuoteReport This Post
To Do What is
Right and Just
posted Hide Post
Surprisingly the thing that has worked best for me (when cleaning rimfire cans) is spraying it with either slip 2000 cleaner/degreaser or shooters choice aqua clean (they are basically the same thing). Tried it one day and found it just soaks into the lead and makes it easier to knock off with a pick. Worked better than solvent and kroil mixed for me.

Posts: 2439 | Location: Usually Somewhere | Registered: July 28, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thanks! I'll give the Slip a try.

Looks like Aqua Clean is hard to come by.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Jerry1834,

Posts: 85 | Location: NW of Tampa Fl | Registered: August 05, 2022Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
If the "can" is serviceable, ie open up & remove baffles, I drop the baffles in the stainless steel tumbling media for a 30min run. Just enough to remove the carbon and other without ill effect.

I do spray the baffles down with welding splatter spray. This seems to make the next clean-up easier to do.

Just my $0.02.

Andrew

Duty is the sublimest word in the English Language - Gen Robert E Lee.

Posts: 863 | Registered: May 01, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I'd use plated bullets, maybe try coated. Deleading a compensator is a chore I don't need any more.

Posts: 3289 | Location: Florence, Alabama, USA | Registered: July 05, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Andrew this for a pistol comp no baffles etc.

Jim maybe the coated but I use a few different types. I picked this up used and the guy didn't clean it much. Its a shooter!!!