SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Found a 228 today!!
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Found a 228 today!! Login/Join 
posted
Hi all went to a gun store today I usually don't go to and looked in the case and saw a JK dated 228 that looks new I had one years ago that was DAO that I got rid of and it always wanted it back. So just thought this was the place to share my find . Left a deposit so I wouldn't loose it hopefully pick it up in a few days

Posts: 128 | Location: New York | Registered: April 24, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Congratulations. Quite a find. Not many P228's left in the wild that look new.
I think it is one of the best balanced, when fully loaded double stack pistols around.

Posts: 1198 | Location: Moved to N.W. MT. | Registered: April 26, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of prepsheriff
posted Hide Post
Nice score !!! Love my JK dated P228 !

Airborne ! All the Way!!

Posts: 904 | Location: Connecticut | Registered: January 10, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
That rug really tied
the room together.
Picture of bubbatime
posted Hide Post
I bought a brand new in box JJ or JK a few years ago for around $400. I mistakenly sold it a year or two later for $500. Doh!!!

Posts: 6662 | Location: Floriduh | Registered: October 16, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
This is costing me 475 which I think is good most of all it fits in with my 226 and 229 perfectly lol

Posts: 128 | Location: New York | Registered: April 24, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
That's a great price!

Posts: 5164 | Location: Iowa | Registered: February 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
A JK P228 that's new? And, only $475? It just doesn't get better than that. Congratulations.

Q

Posts: 26440 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Nice score. They must be shaking loose all over. I paid a bit more (California) but I just scored a 1994 dated with W. German slide 228. Box and factory target and papers. Looks like it has not been shot much if at all, the slide rails look new with zero wear. Glad to have found a backup for my shooter 228.

Posts: 4780 | Location: Florida Panhandle  | Registered: November 23, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of T.Webb
posted Hide Post
Last summer I traded a scoped Ruger Blackhawk .45 LC for a rather minty 1985 228.I'm not sure what the Blackhawk is worth with a 1 1/2 Leopold, but as far as I'm concerned, I did good.

"Tonight, we are a country awakened to danger and called to defend freedom. Our grief has turned to anger and anger to resolution. Whether we bring our enemies to justice or bring justice to our enemies, justice will be done". {George W. Bush, Post 9/11}

Posts: 842 | Location: Long Island, N.Y. / Stephentown, N.Y. | Registered: March 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
That is a heck of a deal. Congrats.

Posts: 6894 | Location: Treasure Coast,Fl. | Registered: July 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Hopefully pick it up in the next few days I'll try and post a few pics if I can. looking forward to getting it. The only thing that stinks is being in NY have to get 10 round mags but I think I'm going to pin the mag that it comes with since it's the right one for the year of the gun. An extra 20 bucks gotta love NY.

My other Sig
is a Steyr.
Picture of .38supersig
posted Hide Post
Nice one!

Would have been hard to walk away from that one.

Posts: 9165 | Location: Somewhere looking for ammo that nobody has at a place I haven't been to for a pistol I couldn't live without... | Registered: December 02, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
That’s awesome congrats!

Posts: 563 | Location: Pensacola FL | Registered: February 16, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Rumors of my death
are greatly exaggerated
Picture of coloradohunter44
posted Hide Post
Congrats. P228's are sweet.

"Someday I hope to be half the man my bird-dog thinks I am."

FBLM LGB!

Posts: 10911 | Location: Commirado | Registered: July 23, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
A minty 1985 P228? The P228 wasn’t made until 1989 I believe.

Posts: 624 | Registered: October 31, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of T.Webb
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by mr228:
A minty 1985 P228? The P228 wasn’t made until 1989 I believe.

There I go trying to recite from memory again.

The West German 226 I have was from 1985. (Or maybe 1983? Old age sucks!) And the 228 is 1990.

"Tonight, we are a country awakened to danger and called to defend freedom. Our grief has turned to anger and anger to resolution. Whether we bring our enemies to justice or bring justice to our enemies, justice will be done". {George W. Bush, Post 9/11}

Posts: 842 | Location: Long Island, N.Y. / Stephentown, N.Y. | Registered: March 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Hi all picked it up today looks awesome can't wait to try it out this weekend. I'll try and post pictures but not sure if I will screw it up

Man Once
Child Twice
posted Hide Post
Congrats. Got to love a 228. Good old school perfection.

Posts: 11149 | Location: NE OHIO | Registered: October 22, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post