SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Forged uppers in Sigs from West Germany
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Forged uppers in Sigs from West Germany Login/Join 
Author,
cowboy,
friend to all
posted
I saw a West German for sale, seller stated in ad a rare Forged Steel Upper. wee they different or just came along in production?

Posts: 2402 | Location: Riverton Wyoming | Registered: June 05, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
A West German what?

Posts: 4658 | Location: Middletown, PA | Registered: January 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Unless there is some magical unknown slide construction from SIG, the seller is probably just referring to the two-piece stamped carbon steel slide with the removable breech block (what most of us just call “folded slides”). Not rare.

Formerly known as tigerbloodwinning

Posts: 348 | Location: Colorado | Registered: April 14, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Author,
cowboy,
friend to all
posted Hide Post
Thank you, I appreciate
your knowledge.

Posts: 2402 | Location: Riverton Wyoming | Registered: June 05, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Which also are just about as far away from forged as you can get. There are only two types of slide construction and neither of them is forged.

“So in war, the way is to avoid what is strong, and strike at what is weak.”

Posts: 11011 | Registered: October 14, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
There can only be 2 possibilities. The seller is full of it, or he has no ideas what the heck he's saying.

Q

Posts: 26464 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Great Equalizer
Picture of colt_saa
posted Hide Post
The seller probably meant it was a milled slide as opposed to the older folded steel slides.

------------------------------------------------------------------
NRA Benefactor . . . Certified Instructor . . . Certified RSO
SWCA

356TSW.com
45talk.com
RacingPlanetUSA.Com

Posts: 5180 | Location: Cocoa Beach, Florida | Registered: November 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Shall Not Be Infringed
Picture of nhracecraft
posted Hide Post
The seller meant to deceive...Note the use of 'rare', a telltale descriptor if there ever was one! Roll Eyes

If Some is Good, and More is Better.....then Too Much, is Just Enough !!
Trump 2024....Save America!
"May Almighty God bless the United States of America" - parabellum 7/26/20
Live Free or Die!

Posts: 8947 | Location: New Hampshire | Registered: October 29, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Author,
cowboy,
friend to all
posted Hide Post
Yes, that is why I asked here. we are fortunate to have a source where we can ask and receive sound knowledge, Thanks for your comments!

Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
Ed, it's great to see you. I thought about you the other day, wondered if you were well.

For those of you who don't know, guys, Ed Fowler is one of the finest knife makers on the planet, and that is no exaggeration. Truly, it is not an exaggeration in the slightest.

Posts: 107704 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
So, Ed, what exactly was it? I'm sure you know what a folded slide SIG is, since you had a P228, or at least shot it, before.

Q

Posts: 26464 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by colt_saa:
The seller probably meant it was a milled slide as opposed to the older folded steel slides.
That's what I was thinking.

Author,
cowboy,
friend to all
posted Hide Post
When I saw the comment about the forged slide I was curious, but did not pay much attention to the pistol. I believe it was a 220 but did not study the pistol other than his comment about it being "forged and rare". So I came here to ask, Thanks to all!

Author,
cowboy,
friend to all
posted Hide Post
Hello Parabellum: It is good to hear from you, I have been enjoying my West German Sig P 210's, members of this forum said they were great, lucked out and bought two of them. glad the folks on your forum could provide I have had a few rough years, but back to making knives. We learned a lot about 52100 and still have more that hopefully waits in the future. Going to have a good selection for Blade Show, hope to see you there again next summer.

Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
I'm glad you're on the mend, Ed. I haven't attended Blade these past few years since they started all this fool mess with masks. I suppose there won't be any of that next summer, but who knows.

Don't be a stranger.