SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Scored a Les Baer Premier II
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Scored a Les Baer Premier II Login/Join 
TANSTAAFL
posted
I’m not one to try to capitalize on others misfortune. But as I’ve been getting way less OT lately I’ve been finding myself browsing the various selling sites more. Found a Les Baer Premier II in what appeared to be very good shape. The starting bid was about half of MSRP for a new one, otherwise I’d likely never own such a typically pricey gun. Not one other bid, so I won it. My only wish was that it had been a 38 super since all but one of my 1911’s are 45, the other is a 9mm. Looking for a 38 super, but beggars can’t be choosers.

I think if you’re looking for a premium gun, this might be a good time to buy. I’ve even seen a couple series 80 Wilson Combats in the 2k range. My local dealer when I went in to get the Baer told me if I wanted to sell a couple of my glocks on consignment I’d nearly make it back because he can’t keep glocks on the shelf and most everything else isn’t selling other than his hi-points. But this is Baltimore, so no big surprise.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: buddy357,

Posts: 715 | Location: Baltimore til I can get out of there. | Registered: June 08, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Freethinker
Picture of sigfreund
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by buddy357:
I think if you’re looking for a premium gun, this might be a good time to buy.

Interesting observation. I was told something similar when I put some guns on consignment recently. The clerk said that people weren’t buying $1000 guns, but rather in the $400-600 range. Unfortunately only one of the four that I’m offering in that range has sold yet, but I suspect they’ll move quickly if it looks as if a Democrat will win in November—or does.

6.4/93.6

“Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something.”
— Plato

Posts: 47410 | Location: 10,150 Feet Above Sea Level in Colorado | Registered: April 04, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Great Equalizer
Picture of colt_saa
posted Hide Post
Congratulations on a fine addition to the family

------------------------------------------------------------------
NRA Benefactor . . . Certified Instructor . . . Certified RSO
SWCA

356TSW.com
45talk.com
RacingPlanetUSA.Com

Posts: 5179 | Location: Cocoa Beach, Florida | Registered: November 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Congratulations. Perhaps since it's used, you can actually get it apart to clean it.....hehehehehe

You CAN convert the 9mm 1911 you have to .38 super with a fitted barrel, recoil spring, magazine I believe.

Posts: 21335 | Registered: June 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
My other Sig
is a Steyr.
Picture of .38supersig
posted Hide Post
Nice!

Been shopping around a bit since my last P220. Let us know how it shoots.

Posts: 9155 | Location: Somewhere looking for ammo that nobody has at a place I haven't been to for a pistol I couldn't live without... | Registered: December 02, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bone 4 Tuna
Picture of jjkroll32
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jimmy123x:

You CAN convert the 9mm 1911 you have to .38 super with a fitted barrel, recoil spring, magazine I believe.

That was my first thought. I believe the extractor would need some tuning as well. I bet you could send it back to the mothership for a work over.

NRA Life Member

Long Live the Super Thirty-Eight

Posts: 11145 | Location: Mid-Michigan | Registered: October 02, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Little ray
of sunshine
Picture of jhe888
posted Hide Post
TTIWWP

The fish is mute, expressionless. The fish doesn't think because the fish knows everything.

Posts: 53122 | Location: Texas | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Nice score!

I've been trolling online sites for a DW Guardian in 38 super or an Executive Carry, not that I *need* either.

Posts: 3537 | Location: Alexandria, VA | Registered: March 07, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
TANSTAAFL
posted Hide Post

Posts: 715 | Location: Baltimore til I can get out of there. | Registered: June 08, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
TANSTAAFL
posted Hide Post
My 9mm 1911 is a Valkyrie Commander. Getting a 38 super barrel fitted isn’t a bad idea.

posted Hide Post
I looked for four different Les Baer's about 7 months ago. After phoning 9 shops within a 65 mile radius , I called Les ( he's just 10 miles from me). I couldn't get past the receptionist. They seemed not to want to give any sort of assistance in finding their product. She was pleasant, don't get me wrong. But she more or less told me to go slam down the cash and wait 16 months, like 80% of their customers.

Safety, Situational Awareness and proficiency.

Neck Ties, Hats and ammo brass, Never ,ever touch'em w/o asking first

Posts: 54644 | Location: Henry County , Il | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
B.t.w, Great for you, I'am always glad to see people finding what they are looking for.

Posts: 54644 | Location: Henry County , Il | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of motorheadjohn
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by bendable:
I looked for four different Les Baer's about 7 months ago. After phoning 9 shops within a 65 mile radius , I called Les ( he's just 10 miles from me). I couldn't get past the receptionist. They seemed not to want to give any sort of assistance in finding their product. She was pleasant, don't get me wrong. But she more or less told me to go slam down the cash and wait 16 months, like 80% of their customers.

If you really want a new Baer, check out 1911 Heaven. They keep an inventory and prices are competitive. 1911 Heaven http://www.cj1911heaven.com/LesBaerInventory.html

To the OP - nice score!

Posts: 1051 | Location: Yorktown, VA | Registered: October 01, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
as much searching as I did and never ran across thqat site , thanks

posted Hide Post
I bought two Baers from 1911 Heaven. He has dozens of Baers in stock at the lowest prices anywhere. Just be prepared to be on the phone for awhile. He’s a real talker . And don’t bring up politics or you’ll be on the phone for the rest of the day .

Posts: 705 | Location: S.W.Florida | Registered: August 18, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Just mobilize it
posted Hide Post
^^^^^100% truth as I have bought 2 from Crazy John as well. Super good guy, lots of knowledge on many subjects.

Posts: 4611 | Registered: July 24, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Benderx4
posted Hide Post
I bought my Les Baer TRS from Crazy John and I remember it being a wonderful experience. Highly recommend.

Posts: 490 | Location: NE FL, JAX | Registered: July 27, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post