SIGforum
P-225A1 and "Old" grip panels

This topic can be found at:
https://sigforum.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/430601935/m/1820079154

January 10, 2019, 01:17 PM
JohnnyK
P-225A1 and "Old" grip panels
Has anyone tried the original, "old style" grip panels on an A1? A few days ago I purchased a 225A1 with the checkered wood stocks. Love the contrast of the wood and the finish of the gun. Only thing is, the grip on this gun seems a tad on the thick side for a single stack and I was curious if the old style panels fit. As I recall they were a little thinner than the currently offered stocks.
How did I do? The 225A1 was listed as a "Close-out / On sale" for $649 at a combo gun shop/jewelry store. Considering the msrp and what they are going for on the various websites I couldn't resist.

Thanks much, John
January 10, 2019, 01:40 PM
quote:
Has anyone tried the original, "old style" grip panels on an A1?

Completely different guns. Grips are different. So, will not fit.

Q

January 10, 2019, 03:59 PM
YooperSigs
You made a good deal but no joy on the old style grips. Totally different gun.

End of Earth: 2 Miles
Upper Peninsula: 4 Miles
January 10, 2019, 08:27 PM
JDG
quote:
Originally posted by JohnnyK:
Has anyone tried the original, "old style" grip panels on an A1? A few days ago I purchased a 225A1 with the checkered wood stocks. Love the contrast of the wood and the finish of the gun. Only thing is, the grip on this gun seems a tad on the thick side for a single stack and I was curious if the old style panels fit. As I recall they were a little thinner than the currently offered stocks.
How did I do? The 225A1 was listed as a "Close-out / On sale" for $649 at a combo gun shop/jewelry store. Considering the msrp and what they are going for on the various websites I couldn't resist.

Thanks much, John

Sounds like a certain store in Grand Rapids, MI. where I've picked up a Sig 220 Scorpion on close out for $639!!