SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Tenicor Velo5 or Certum4
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools
Reply
  
Tenicor Velo5 or Certum4 Login/Join 
Junior Member
posted
I have a new Sig P365 Xmacro and I need a good holster. I normally carry AIWB. It looks like Tenicor seems to be highly recommended but I'm trying to choose between the Velo5 (AIWB only) and the Certum4 (AIWB or hip carry). Does anyone have experience with either? I'm open to other holster suggestions as well. All my other holsters are Aliengear but they don't make a Shapeshift shell for the Xmacro.
 
Posts: 2 | Location: Southeast MS | Registered: August 30, 2026Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Member
Picture of Larry_K
posted Hide Post
I use a velo5 with my m&p 2.0 compact 4" and it's worked VERY well for me and it became what I carry every day and some days it's on me for 12+ hours. It replaced the concealment express holster I was using with my xds, and even though the m&p compact is quite a bit chunkier than the xds (same footprint as the shield), the velo5 conceals much better.

The ONLY negative, but this is an issue with any holster with the same clip setup, is that at first it's a pain to get on or off. But the upside is that with the clips spaced out like they are it's rock solid and does not shift around at all. Once you find the best way to get it on/off your belt it's really not much of a hassle, but the first week I was cussing at it! One thing that *could* be a negative is that with the wedge being built in and made out of the kydex material it might cause hot spots depending on your holster position/body shape. Luckily I found a good position for it and have the holster riding as high as it will go and it fits perfectly in the crease between my groin/leg when I'm sitting. So no hot spots.

The certum4 came out a few months after I got the velo5, so wasn't an option for me. But will say it looks promising. The certum4 with a foam wedge on it sounds like it could be a winner, to me that does give it a slight advantage over the velo5 depending on your body shape.

If it's in your initial budget, I believe they do have a good return policy where you could try both and send one or both back if they don't work well for you.

-Larry


________________________
 
Posts: 1347 | Location: West Tennessee | Registered: August 30, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
  Powered by Social Strata  
 

SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Tenicor Velo5 or Certum4

© SIGforum 2026