SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Sig P22X series of pistols - locking insert has a small amount of movement
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Sig P22X series of pistols - locking insert has a small amount of movement Login/Join 
posted
Happy Sunday everyone!

I am pretty sure I saw a thread about this a few years ago but I couldn’t find it. I did search the internet and found contradictory information on other forums.

The short story is that I noticed The locking insert of my 2016 production P226 had a small amount of movement (barely noticeable and I can only tell by feel) while cleaning it last weekend following a range trip.

I am the second owner of the pistol but I am close friends with the first owner and between us we have less then 1,000 rounds through it. I called Sig and spoke with one of their CS reps who felt that there shouldn’t be any movement with the locking insert and suggested I send it in for their used gun service package since I am the second owner. However, before placing it into the mail I decided to look over my other P22X series of pistols and I found that five of the six that I checked had the same movement in the locking insert. The only one that didn’t was a 2015 production M11-A1 and I did not check the 2007 production P225. Even my most recent Sig, a 2017 production P225A1, had the same movement with the locking insert.

I am trying to figure out whether this is unusual or perfectly acceptable?

Any insight (or a link to the thread discussing this) would be greatly appreciated. Thank you!

Laughing in the face of danger is all well and good until danger laughs back.

Posts: 496 | Location: Oklahoma | Registered: July 08, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
When I took the slide off of mine, the block has some slight play/wiggle from front to back/up and down. I wouldn't worry about it.

Posts: 6888 | Location: Treasure Coast,Fl. | Registered: July 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thank you, I appreciate the advice not to worry about it.

Laughing in the face of danger is all well and good until danger laughs back.

Posts: 496 | Location: Oklahoma | Registered: July 08, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post