SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    idea: redesigned p239 v2 that takes p365 magazines?
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

idea: redesigned p239 v2 that takes p365 magazines? Login/Join 
posted
Any chance something like that may ever happen? Doesn't have to be a p239. Any good single stack width compact or subcompact da/sa that would take p365 mags would be awesome!

Posts: 9 | Registered: February 03, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of iron chef
posted Hide Post
Sure, there's a chance, but not in the near future. Sales and interest in poly-frame, striker-fired pistols are still going on full steam. If the 2020 Sig catalog isn't obvious enough, interest in metal-frame, hammer-fired pistols is waning. Revolvers circled the drain but made a comeback. 10mm was virtually discontinued but made a comeback. These took decades though.

It costs much more to make metal-frame guns, and they generally have significantly smaller profit margins. Where is the incentive for Sig to make something like what you suggest. Do you honestly think there's much of market for that?

It's more likely Sig would do something similar to Springfield Armory and introduce a line of poly-frame, hammer-fired pistols that share mags w/ the P365 line.

Posts: 3186 | Location: Texas | Registered: June 17, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
P938 with p365 mag would be awesome

Posts: 661 | Location: The realm of Texas | Registered: February 06, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by iron chef:
Sure, there's a chance, but not in the near future. Sales and interest in poly-frame, striker-fired pistols are still going on full steam. If the 2020 Sig catalog isn't obvious enough, interest in metal-frame, hammer-fired pistols is waning. Revolvers circled the drain but made a comeback. 10mm was virtually discontinued but made a comeback. These took decades though.

It costs much more to make metal-frame guns, and they generally have significantly smaller profit margins. Where is the incentive for Sig to make something like what you suggest. Do you honestly think there's much of market for that?

It's more likely Sig would do something similar to Springfield Armory and introduce a line of poly-frame, hammer-fired pistols that share mags w/ the P365 line.

Good points and i'm sure sig could do a much better compact or subcompact da/sa poly-frame hammer fired pistol then springfield in general. If used p365 mags, that would be both awesome and put it way above the competition (which there isn't much competition right now).

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by mhughes:
P938 with p365 mag would be awesome

I like that idea a lot! I've shot p938 before and liked it quite a bit. I certainly would be even more interested in purchasing one if there was a new version released that used p365 mags.

I'd still want compact or sub-compact single stack width da/sa that took p365 mags as i'd be most likely to carry that one the most.

Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by guitarsanddrums:
redesigned p239 v2 that takes p365 magazines?

Any chance something like that may ever happen? Doesn't have to be a p239. Any good single stack width compact or subcompact da/sa that would take p365 mags would be awesome!

Yeah, right. Look at what they did with the P225-A1. They didn't even care to properly design the mag to bring the gun to its full potential. It almost looks like they doomed the gun on purpose right from the start.

Q

Posts: 26424 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Somebody is doing an 80% Glock 43 lower that takes 365 mags, but I don't really see the point. I really don't think a 365 mag is long enough for a 239. Besides, they're different guns from different eras.

Posts: 17147 | Location: Lexington, KY | Registered: October 15, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Big Stack
posted Hide Post
The market is moving away from all metal and DA/SA, not toward it

Posts: 21240 | Registered: November 05, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Blume9mm
posted Hide Post
So, how wide is the p365 9mm magazine? I guess if it was no wider that a 40 or 357 cal magazine for a p239... you might could make it work.... the metal grip frame of a P239 is made for either 9mm or 40/357 cal magazines..... the slightly larger magazine of the 40/357 will not fit in the frame of a 9mm p239.... the slides and such are interchangeable. And it's not just the bottom of the grip frame... if you put too long of a grip screw in just a tad too far a magazine will not go in.

My Native American Name:
"Runs with Scissors"

Posts: 4441 | Location: Greenville, SC | Registered: January 30, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post