SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Any experience with Ruger Security 9?
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Any experience with Ruger Security 9? Login/Join 
posted
Saw one at Rural King today. I've stayed away from Ruger CF autos. Always thought there was always a better choice. This one looked good thru the case. Price was $350.

Posts: 775 | Registered: April 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
To all of you who are serving or have served our country, Thank You
Picture of Jelly
posted Hide Post
I got one a couple years ago for around $380. My 1st range trip with it at 25 yards was not so hot accuracy wise. Next time I brought the tools to adjust windage and played with it till I got it dialed in for me at 25 yards between that and getting used to the trigger and getting some rounds thru it was and is doing much better. I like the the grip angle better than my G19. It is very close to a G19 in size so that is a big plus in my book.

Reliability wise i can't recall it ever choking. Some people on the net say they are not very accurate. But when you watch hickok45 in action on his testing of the Ruger Security 9 he does not seem to have accuracy issues. Smile

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2EM7Z2zQG4k

Posts: 2679 | Registered: March 15, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
To all of you who are serving or have served our country, Thank You
Picture of Jelly
posted Hide Post
DP

Posts: 2679 | Registered: March 15, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Yes, twice now, with three pistols. Smile

'Bout 2yrs ago, I found a clean used one at an LGS that had to clear the P.D.'s holding period. I bought and paid for it, just having to wait. A day or two later, I found a new one on-sale at another LGS, for LESS..LOL. No, I didn't welch on my first deal, I just bought the 2nd one also. Figured that an example of TWO was going to be unique.

Unfortunately, I can't recall what other pistol/s I compared them against. The glaring thing that stood out for me was that accuracy beyond 12-15yds was non-extant. Groups looked more like buckshot patterns. Well, down-the-road and re-homed they got, LOL.

Now, silly me, finds another deal on one the other day. I figure...okay let's give it another chance. This time, however, I know for sure how the G19, P30, M&P compact in that size range feel/operate. Same thing, accuracy SUCKs...and the added recoil and muzzle flip over the competitors make it a hard-pass recommendation.

Posts: 383 | Location: Phoenix Aridzona | Registered: March 06, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Looks like the overall Sig Forum judgement is the same as mine based on the lack of replies.

The hard pass recommendation is probably a good one.

Posts: 775 | Registered: April 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I bought one used pre-pandemic for around 270. It was very reliable through about 300 rounds with no issues. It didn’t seem to be as accurate on the line against other pistols. Trigger was good and it felt good in my hand. I would buy one again if the price was sub 300.

Posts: 1063 | Location: hampton roads, va. | Registered: October 03, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post