SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Caution: think twice before rubbing Aladdin's lamp: I give you the M9A4 !
Page 1 2 3 4 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Caution: think twice before rubbing Aladdin's lamp: I give you the M9A4 ! Login/Join 
Prepared for the Worst, Providing the Best
Picture of 92fstech
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by PGT:
Yes, they are.
Honestly a D model would be the perfect KISS carry semi-auto

Yep, that's what I'm talking about right there! An absolute work of art. I'm sad that it's gone, but mercifully it left us before anybody decided it would be a good idea to paint it brown and cut chunks out of the top of the slide!

Posts: 8528 | Location: In the Cornfields | Registered: May 25, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of backlash
posted Hide Post
This may be one of Beretta's worse mistakes. All current mounts make the optic look like it has wings. Ugly!! Desperately needs a mount that blinds to the slide. Reminds me of Sarah Palin saying "You can put lipstick on a pig". Not that the A4 is a pig but it was never designed for an optic. Given the mounting position, any bets on how long the red dot will last before getting damaged by a wild case ejection? How many rounds before the lens gets covered with crap from the ejection port such that it is useless? "Lipstick on a pig" attempt to get in on the red dot craze with a popular gun that was designed decades before the existence of anything other then iron sites.

Posts: 18 | Location: Statesville NC | Registered: August 09, 2021Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of backlash
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by DSgrouse:Gotcha. I would not consider the beretta m9 a viable candidate for mounting an optics.

Agreed, I have the M9A3 and was hoping for more in the next version. They need to get the de-cocker off the slide [92X Performance], loose the rear site and use the dovetail to move red dot back away from the ejection port. They must provide red dot mount for the M9. Langdon does it much better. MHO

Posts: 18 | Location: Statesville NC | Registered: August 09, 2021Reply With QuoteReport This Post
For real?
Picture of Chowser
posted Hide Post
I just can’t see putting a red dot on these. It’s beautiful as is.

Here’s the $300 92FS a coworker sold me. It’s in great shape for a 21 year old gun. Gonna clean it up and replace springs before giving it to my other sister. I have a short reach trigger as well and spare parts.

Not minority enough!

Posts: 8008 | Location: Cleveland, OH | Registered: August 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of RichardC
posted Hide Post
Yes, well, here comes the Beretta 92X RDO

https://www.beretta.com/en-us/92x-rdo-full-size/

Posts: 15884 | Location: Florida | Registered: June 23, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
groan, WHY!

I had both my 92c and my 92x out this last Friday at the range. All the rounds in a group the size of a 50 cent piece. (when I did my part).

For those of you saying you need a reddot because you are old. Yeah, so do I. I still would not slather one on a beretta 92.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: DSgrouse,

Posts: 6633 | Location: Virginia | Registered: December 23, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RichardC:
Yes, well, here comes the Beretta 92X RDO
ick

Posts: 107460 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Wishing the genie would give us a nicely blued 92FS, decock G available, no-rail, walnut grips, sights like the LTTs...Beretta is cranking out a number of variants for customers; something of the old school classic would be nice.

Posts: 3210 | Registered: August 03, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
For real?
Picture of Chowser
posted Hide Post
Nothing like a classic. That’s why I couldn’t turn down a 20+ year old 92FS. Already have a g decocker kit on order. I decided to keep it and gave my sister one of my Glocks.

Not minority enough!

Posts: 8008 | Location: Cleveland, OH | Registered: August 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Chowser:
Nothing like a classic. That’s why I couldn’t turn down a 20+ year old 92FS. Already have a g decocker kit on order. I decided to keep it and gave my sister one of my Glocks.

I would have to.

Posts: 6633 | Location: Virginia | Registered: December 23, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Little ray
of sunshine
Picture of jhe888
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 10round:
For those of you that don't appreciate the red dot. It's a miracle for us 50 something guys that can't see the front sight.

No kidding. I can't see well enough to use the blade of a pistol anymore with any precision over about 15 yards. I used to love to play at bullseye shooting with a lightly modified Ruger MkIII I have, but I just can't see the blade and target well enough at 25 years to hit well any more. I am currently shopping for the best red dot choice for my old gun and old eyes.

Will it be ugly, and not as trim as the Ruger used to be? Of course, but it will be a lot more useful to me.

The fish is mute, expressionless. The fish doesn't think because the fish knows everything.

Posts: 53120 | Location: Texas | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Little ray
of sunshine
Picture of jhe888
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by rat2306:
Wishing the genie would give us a nicely blued 92FS, decock G available, no-rail, walnut grips, sights like the LTTs...Beretta is cranking out a number of variants for customers; something of the old school classic would be nice.

I think it is Langdon who offers a kit to convert FS models to G models. That kit is out there and doesn't require slide modifications.

I will add one to my Centurion some time. The G model is the way to go.

The fish is mute, expressionless. The fish doesn't think because the fish knows everything.

Posts: 53120 | Location: Texas | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of PGT
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jhe888:
quote:
Originally posted by rat2306:

I think it is Langdon who offers a kit to convert FS models to G models. That kit is out there and doesn't require slide modifications.

I will add one to my Centurion some time. The G model is the way to go.

No, it's Beretta. LTT sells the Beretta kit. Same option that was first offered on the M9A3.

It came about partially from a convo I was having with a Beretta employee about how the 8000 Cougar series worked vs. the G kit from the 90-TWO (which could be swapped in or out). The "G kit" as it's known today is basically the 8000 Cougar series adapted for the 92. They've sold a metric shit-ton of them and so popular, 92G only slides are pretty much done for and deprecated (unless someone orders 500+ of them for a contract)

Posts: 3074 | Registered: December 21, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of RichardC
posted Hide Post
Beretta is on the roll, IDPA up next:

"The new Beretta 92X Performance Defensive has been especially designed to take your competition performance to the next level. Specifically built for IDPA competitors, the 92X Performance Defensive features the ergonomic features of the popular 92X Performance platform with a lightened steel frame and slide, a red-dot optic ready slide, and aggressively textured 92X-style thin grips."

Posts: 15884 | Location: Florida | Registered: June 23, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of PGT
posted Hide Post
That came out for the Italian market some time ago. I'm hoping we see it here en masse

Posts: 3074 | Registered: December 21, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
quote:
...to take your competition performance to the next level.
What level might that be? Roll Eyes Four years to get a marketing degree and they're using catchphrases from the previous century.

That's a handsome pistol, except for that shit on the top of the slide

Posts: 107460 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by parabellum:
My objection is gluing that battery-operated zit on a beautiful pistol.

Yep. Not my thing and never will be.

Posts: 59 | Location: NW Burbs of Illinois | Registered: June 10, 2020Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
quote:

"The new Beretta 92X Performance Defensive has been especially designed to take your competition performance to the next level. Specifically built for IDPA competitors, the 92X Performance Defensive features the ergonomic features of the popular 92X Performance platform with a lightened steel frame and slide, a red-dot optic ready slide, and aggressively textured 92X-style thin grips."

Wonder how they lightened it? By using the plastic guide rod?

Q

Posts: 26322 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
War Damn Eagle!
Picture of Snake207
posted Hide Post
Beretta is the major sponsor for IDPA Nationals this year.

Looks like Langdon isn't taking the RDO 92X lying down. Big Grin

From IDPA's Facebook feed:

Looks like taking the rail off keeps it under weight:
https://www.beretta.com/en-us/...rformance-defensive/

Posts: 12540 | Location: Realville | Registered: June 27, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Doin' what I can
with what I got
Picture of Rob Decker
posted Hide Post
quote:

I really need you guys to stop, my wallet is currently crying hysterically in the corner.

----------------------------------------
Death smiles at us all. Be sure you smile back.

Posts: 5540 | Location: Greater Nashville, TN | Registered: May 11, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post