SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    New Ruger MK IV: need optic or sights for shooting suppressed.
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

New Ruger MK IV: need optic or sights for shooting suppressed. Login/Join 
Witticism pending...
Picture of KBobAries
posted
Ruger finally released a MK IV with a threaded barrel that wasn't a 22/45. I grabbed a target model, bull barrel a couple months ago. At 56 those black sights HAVE to go! I'm having a tough time getting a good sight picture.

I'm leaning toward a Vortex but haven't decide between a Razor or Venom. Burris Fastfire would be 3rd. My concern is the red dot sitting too low and being interfered with by the suppressor.

I'm not against some sort of high visibility sight be it tritium or fiber optic but if a red dot sits high enough then that's the route I'm taking.

Does anyone have a red dot setup and able to comment?

Thanks,

Dan

I'm not as illiterate as my typos would suggest.

Posts: 3529 | Location: Big city, SW state, alleged republic | Registered: January 19, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I run trains!
Picture of SigM4
posted Hide Post
The dot will easily clear a 1” diameter rimfire suppressor.

Success always occurs in private, and failure in full view.

Complacency sucks…

Posts: 5423 | Location: Wichita, KS (for now)…always a Texan… | Registered: April 14, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Witticism pending...
Picture of KBobAries
posted Hide Post
Thanks for the help.

Dan

Posts: 3529 | Location: Big city, SW state, alleged republic | Registered: January 19, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 19tass
posted Hide Post
I have Vortex Venoms on both of my MKIV's (not suppressed) and really like them.

Posts: 1204 | Location: Southern Illinois | Registered: November 17, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Inject yourself!
posted Hide Post
I had the Vortex Venom on my wife’s MKIV. The 3 MOA dot model was too small and dim for speed in the bright sun. Pretty accurate though.

I’ve since moved to a C-More with an 8 minute dot. This is awesome in steel plate matches! Big enough and bright enough.

Also check out Alchin for mounts for the C-More.

The other option would be to check with Dawson Precision for a fiber front. I have these on my MKII and MKIV.

https://sigforum.com/eve/forums...970038044#6970038044

Do not send me to a heaven where there are no dogs.
Step Up or Stand Aside: Support the Troops !
Expectations are premeditated disappointments.

Posts: 8345 | Location: West | Registered: November 26, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Road Dog
Picture of BennerP220
posted Hide Post
Not a Mark IV but I recently put a Burris Fastfire III on my Ruger SR22 and am super happy with it! Its plenty bright enough in the sun and with the Galloway Precision plate it fits like it came from the factory that way! My eight year old loves it but I think I love it more!

Posts: 3447 | Location: Southwest Indiana | Registered: December 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Ice Cream Man
posted Hide Post
+1 for C-More.

Posts: 5746 | Location: Republic of Ice Cream, Miami Beach, FL | Registered: May 24, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Witticism pending...
Picture of KBobAries
posted Hide Post
For those with the Burris and C-More units, are you shooting suppressed?

Dan

Road Dog
Picture of BennerP220
posted Hide Post
No, not suppressed.

Posts: 3447 | Location: Southwest Indiana | Registered: December 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of pcshooter
posted Hide Post
The Viper clears a Dead Air Mask easily. Even on the Fastfire 3 mount, which is the lowest one available. (sorry for quick and dirty pics, but you should get the idea)

Ruger Mark IV 22/45 LITE

Vortex Optics Viper
Burris Fastfire 3 mount
Volquartsen Competition Bolt
Tandemkross Victory Trigger
Tandemkross Cornerstone Extended Safety
Volquartsen Accurizing Kit

(made the pic a little bigger so you could see the mount a little better)

This message has been edited. Last edited by: pcshooter,

Posts: 751 | Location: Free State of Utah | Registered: December 14, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Witticism pending...
Picture of KBobAries
posted Hide Post
pcshooter,

Those are some very nice upgrades you have there. Might have to look at my budget. lol

Thanks for the photos.

Dan