SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    New Ruger LCP II in .22lr
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

New Ruger LCP II in .22lr Login/Join 
Road Dog
Picture of BennerP220
posted
Looks interesting. I wonder what street price will be.
Ruger LCPII

Posts: 3448 | Location: Southwest Indiana | Registered: December 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of JBird679
posted Hide Post
I just got the email too. You linked to the new Ruger "Lite Rack" system which I assume is their competitor to the MP Shield EZ series and I suspect they will roll it out to other models soon (.380 LCP II and probably LC9).

Here's the link to the LCP II in .22lr specifically: https://www.ruger.com/products...pecSheets/13705.html

I'm also interested. 10+1 in a tiny package, I can dig it! But MSRP is $350... I probably won't be in until the street price is around $200 (and reliability is proven) as this would be nothing more than a range toy for me. I'd put this in a category with the Beretta Bobcat .22lr, which for me falls under 'just for fun'.

Posts: 987 | Location: Upstate, SC | Registered: March 19, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I am hoping they come out with a 22WMR version !!! God Bless Smile

"Always legally conceal carry. At the right place and time, one person can make a positive difference."

Posts: 3072 | Location: Sector 001 | Registered: October 30, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by BennerP220:
Ruger LCPII

I expect it to be in the $299 range.

Posts: 604 | Location: Louisiana | Registered: June 21, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by JBird679:
I just got the email too. You linked to the new Ruger "Lite Rack" system which I assume is their competitor to the MP Shield EZ series and I suspect they will roll it out to other models soon (.380 LCP II and probably LC9).

Here's the link to the LCP II in .22lr specifically: https://www.ruger.com/products...pecSheets/13705.html

I'm also interested. 10+1 in a tiny package, I can dig it! But MSRP is $350... I probably won't be in until the street price is around $200 (and reliability is proven) as this would be nothing more than a range toy for me. I'd put this in a category with the Beretta Bobcat .22lr, which for me falls under 'just for fun'.

At that price point I can see you waiting a year and buying a well used one.

Posts: 604 | Location: Louisiana | Registered: June 21, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by JBP55:
quote:
Originally posted by BennerP220:
Ruger LCPII

I expect it to be in the $299 range.

Yeah we have a couple of them coming in and they are going to be in the 299 neighborhood. Looks like a cool little gun in the same price point as most of the other 22s give or take a couple bucks(m&p’s, Sr22, etc). We get asked for a little 22 all the time and there’s very few options for a tiny 22 so I’m happy to see lcp in 22.

Posts: 1307 | Location: Arizona | Registered: January 31, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
TFB TV on YouTube did a video on it, seems like a pointless pos to me, but it looks like it’s geared towards the granny gun market. The sights are just like the lcp 2 so in other words useless. Only 10 round capacity as well. Now make it in .22 mag with better sights and I’ll be interested

Posts: 3372 | Registered: December 06, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go ahead punk, make my day
posted Hide Post
People are always looking for those Beretta 21 pistols for easy racking / pocket carry - seems like there is a market for these, even with the obvious drawbacks as a CCW / trainer gun...

Posts: 45798 | Registered: July 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
It is a 22. I will wait and see on reliablity issues. I have an original LCP in 380, I do not see a need to downsize.

Posts: 17281 | Location: Stuck at home | Registered: January 02, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ZSMICHAEL:

...I have an original LCP in 380, I do not see a need to downsize.

Same here. I'll stick with 7+1 of 380 for my pocket gun. FWIW, I have larger 9s I sometimes carry.

Posts: 15912 | Location: Eastern Iowa | Registered: May 21, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Wait, what?
Picture of gearhounds
posted Hide Post
My Beretta Bobcat has been less than reliable with any quality ammo so I’m reluctant to get another mini auto without being able to try it out (which means used). As others have said, make it .22 mag or even 17HMR and I’d be more likely to jump at one.

“Remember to get vaccinated or a vaccinated person might get sick from a virus they got vaccinated against because you’re not vaccinated.” - author unknown

Posts: 15631 | Location: Martinsburg WV | Registered: April 02, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Interesting. A gun you’ve never laid eyes on, made by a reputable American gun company, is a “piece of shit” because you don’t like the caliber?

Posts: 17152 | Location: Lexington, KY | Registered: October 15, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Fredward:
Interesting. A gun you’ve never laid eyes on, made by a reputable American gun company, is a “piece of shit” because you don’t like the caliber?

Watch the video I referenced. He had reliability issues with CCI ammo. And a pocket gun in .22 LR is a piece of shit in the self defense department.
Oh and I had an LCP 2 in .380 for a while, I sold it because it was an unreliable piece of shit. This gun is just a .22 version of that piece of shit. And as I said, for a granny gun I get it, but it would make more sense.

Posts: 3372 | Registered: December 06, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
It's all part of
the adventure...
posted Hide Post
22Plinkster released a video on it today, and he had only 2 failures out of something like 500 rounds of various ammo. He said neither appeared to be the gun, as they both had good primer strikes but just failed to go bang, (which we all know does happen with .22 ammo). He was shooting it with standard velocity ammo, but did state twice that Ruger recommends high velocity ammo for reliable cycling. However, in the video shooting standard velocity ammo, he had no failures, either.

One of the online places is showing them for $319.

In any case, I think it looks very interesting as a fun pinker. I might even be inclined to buy one in .380 ACP, too.

Regards From Sunny Tucson,
SigFan

NRA Life - IDPA - USCCA - GOA - JPFO - ACLDN - SAF - AZCDL - ASA

"Faith isn't believing that God can; it's knowing that He will." (From a sign on a church in Nicholasville, Kentucky)

Posts: 1683 | Location: Tucson, Arizona | Registered: January 30, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I want. Nice alternative to a Beretta 21 or even S&W 2213/2214 - all of which command premium prices nowadays. Some kind of very small, light .22 could save someones bacon even if it fired only one shot. Great job Ruger ... now, how about one in .25??

Posts: 437 | Location: Northern Virginia | Registered: September 01, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I find it interesting that the pot metal Wrangler revolver has an MSRP of $249 while the plastic LCP 22 has an MSRP of $349.

Ky. Gun Company yesterday had the pot metal Wrangler for $173.

Posters are saying the plastic LCP will go for $299.

The plastic gun should sell for less than the Wrangler but the market loves plastic autos.

I have yet to see a small 22 auto that was even remotely reliable. If Ruger has found a way to make this reliable it will do well in the market.

Posts: 775 | Registered: April 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I love small or smallish 22’s. Beretta 21a Bobcat and Beretta 87. The zBobcat design is way problematic. I love them, own a couple, have figured out what makes them as close to reliable as possible and they still are finicky. Plus, no extractor means a failure to fire can be a fun clearance drill. On the other hand my 87 has tes of thousands of rounds through it and it extremely reliable. And accurate. And easy to clear if a round doesn’t go off.

If I carried a 22 which is not ideal, 87 would be mine.

Posts: 7540 | Location: Florida | Registered: June 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go ahead punk, make my day
posted Hide Post
The one thing Rugar does well is market research and diversifying their offerings. I high doubt they just made this on a whim.

While it may not fit your requirements, I'm sure Ruger will sell plenty of these, as not everyone is up to shooting a 9MM / 380 micro pistol, and a well placed 22LR has been killing people since it was invented. Granted, not cool or marginally effective by todays standards, but I doubt it anyone will volunteer to be shot by a 22LR pistol.

It wouldn't remotely replace my Beretta 87 and I really have no need for one, but I'll see how its doing in a year or so after the semi-manditory Ruger recall.

Posts: 45798 | Registered: July 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Plowing straight ahead come what may
Picture of Bisleyblackhawk
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by SigFan:
22Plinkster released a video on it today, and he had only 2 failures out of something like 500 rounds of various ammo. He said neither appeared to be the gun, as they both had good primer strikes but just failed to go bang, (which we all know does happen with .22 ammo). He was shooting it with standard velocity ammo, but did state twice that Ruger recommends high velocity ammo for reliable cycling. However, in the video shooting standard velocity ammo, he had no failures, either.

I just might have to get one after they have been out awhile Smile

Link to original video: https://youtu.be/Asm4eUcLzkY

"we've gotta roll with the punches, learn to play all of our hunches
Making the best of what ever comes our way
Forget that blind ambition and learn to trust your intuition
Plowing straight ahead come what may
And theres a cowboy in the jungle"
Jimmy Buffet

Posts: 10588 | Location: Southeast Tennessee...not far above my homestate Georgia | Registered: March 10, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Big Stack
posted Hide Post
When they make an LCP II in 9mm (same dimensions as the .380 version) I'll pay attention.

Posts: 21240 | Registered: November 05, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post