SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    CZ 75. Why did I wait so long?
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

CZ 75. Why did I wait so long? Login/Join 
Stangosaurus Rex
Picture of Tommydogg
posted Hide Post
I just got another back in stock email from Grab A Gun. Black Shadow 2s are back in stock. They won't be for long. If your looking, now is the time!

Beth Greene

Posts: 7841 | Location: South Florida | Registered: January 09, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of JGIORD
posted Hide Post
I was looking for a PCR but couldn't find one other than a CA legal one which turned me off so I settled on a NIB P01.

It should arrive in a few days. I'm looking forward to it.

Posts: 461 | Location: AZ | Registered: February 27, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
His diet consists of black
coffee, and sarcasm.
Picture of egregore
posted Hide Post
My new P-01

As stated in that post, it needs a better trigger (the shape literally wears a hole in my finger), so in the not too distant future it's going to CGW. Also long term plans for night sights. There aren't a lot of all-machined-metal guns out there for <$600.

Posts: 27956 | Location: Johnson City, TN | Registered: April 28, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of JGIORD
posted Hide Post
Nice shooting in those pics!

I've seen several people complaining about pain caused by the trigger. I hope I don't have that issue (I never had before).

I already ordered Truglow sights so they should arrive shortly with the P01. I just have no patience.

Posts: 461 | Location: AZ | Registered: February 27, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Just an ACARS message
with feelings
Picture of qxsoup
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by JGIORD:
I was looking for a PCR but couldn't find one other than a CA legal one which turned me off so I settled on a NIB P01.

The only difference is the 10 round mags.

220/229/228/226/P6/225/XO/SP2022/239

Posts: 3062 | Location: The Queen City (the one in Ohio) | Registered: May 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fuimus
posted Hide Post
What do you guys like more, 75 compact or 07 compact? The 75 seems smaller. I'm debating on a new carry gun.

Posts: 5369 | Location: Ypsilanti Township | Registered: January 20, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
His diet consists of black
coffee, and sarcasm.
Picture of egregore
posted Hide Post
quote:
What do you guys like more, 75 compact or 07 compact? The 75 seems smaller.

They are really very close in size, overall. The P-07 has a slimmer grip, which can also be adjusted, but a thicker, squared-off slide, whereas the Compact has a thin, rounded slide but a little fatter grip. Generally, the Compact is found in a steel frame, manual safety configuration (I don't personally like this, preferring a de-cocker), so it is heavier. Mec-Gar replacement magazines for the Compact are cheaper than those of the proprietary 07.

Posts: 27956 | Location: Johnson City, TN | Registered: April 28, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of kimberkid
posted Hide Post
Just picked up my 75B-SA that I picked up on GunBroker ... I spent last week at Mayo Clinic having the nerves in my back burned and was pleasantly surprised to find that if the last bidder and spent just another $1.52 he would have been the winner ... which is why I bid odd numbers!

Anyway, if it weren't for the bit of slide wear on top of the barrel chamber, this gun would pass for new.

If you really want something you'll find a way ...
... if you don't you'll find an excuse.

I'm really not a "kid" anymore ... but I haven't grown up yet either Wink

Posts: 5707 | Registered: January 11, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of JGIORD
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by qxsoup:
quote:
Originally posted by JGIORD:

The only difference is the 10 round mags.

Thanks, I wasn't exactly sure if that was it. Anything that commie states does scares me. Besides, then I'd have to go out and get more mags as the whole point was capacity versus what I currently am using.

Fuimus
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by egregore:
They are really very close in size, overall. The P-07 has a slimmer grip, which can also be adjusted, but a thicker, squared-off slide, whereas the Compact has a thin, rounded slide but a little fatter grip. Generally, the Compact is found in a steel frame, manual safety configuration (I don't personally like this, preferring a de-cocker), so it is heavier. Mec-Gar replacement magazines for the Compact are cheaper than those of the proprietary 07.

Thanks for the feedback. According to the CZ website the specs are:

P75
Height 5.03
Width 1.38

P07
Height 5.3
Width 1.46

I'm leaning towards the P75 since I haven't owned a metal gun in a long time.

Posts: 5369 | Location: Ypsilanti Township | Registered: January 20, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Still finding my way
Picture of Ryanp225
posted Hide Post
The compacts with G10 grips are a LOT thinner. Mine feels almost as thin as my P225.

Posts: 10849 | Registered: January 04, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Constable
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Ryanp225:
The compacts with G10 grips are a LOT thinner. Mine feels almost as thin as my P225.

I just bought a set of VZ grips for my 75 PCR. I should have just bought the LOK grips as both sets of those I have, I like. The VZ's were on Blk Fiday sale and arrived a week or so ago. TOO THIN! And they fit a bit loose as well.

I think for CZ grips LOK is the only solution.

Posts: 7074 | Location: Craig, MT | Registered: December 17, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post