SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Romeo 1 pro vs DPP for the M17
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Romeo 1 pro vs DPP for the M17 Login/Join 
posted
I've waited around for the R1P to come out, but haven't heard much in the way of comparisons. Any input?

Posts: 122 | Location: N. TX | Registered: June 22, 2019Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I really don't care for the brightness control on the DPP. It seems like you're always going the wrong way. I wouldn't rule out an adapter plate and an RMR, SRO or 507C. Because the DPP is taller, the practical difference is likely not very significant.

Posts: 5164 | Location: Iowa | Registered: February 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I haven't yet found an adapter plate for the M17 to use an RMR which allows a rear sight and some form of backup irons.
At this point I think I have tried all the available options (obviously not the pro but have used the normal R1 on a 320 slide) and the best is really to have a slide milled for an RMR.

“So in war, the way is to avoid what is strong, and strike at what is weak.”

Posts: 11004 | Registered: October 14, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of deadmanmike
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by hrcjon:
I haven't yet found an adapter plate for the M17 to use an RMR which allows a rear sight and some form of backup irons.
At this point I think I have tried all the available options (obviously not the pro but have used the normal R1 on a 320 slide) and the best is really to have a slide milled for an RMR.

Springer Precision makes one. I've been tempted to grab one myself.

=============
Certified Sig P-Series Armorer
Certified AR-15/M16/M4 Armorer
Certified 1911 Armorer
Certified Glock Armorer
Certified Sig P320 Armorer
Certified Glock Advanced Armorer
Certified MPX Armorer
Certified MCX Armorer

Posts: 1587 | Registered: June 17, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thanks for that. I already have a springer precision plate for the M17 and an RMR but I now see they appear to have fixed the issue that I had of no backup irons. Have to investigate the details.
Edited to add...the pictures they show of this don't look like the irons are actually usable. Anyone seen one in person?

posted Hide Post
Isn't the Romeo 1 Pro supposed to fit the M17 out of the box?

Posts: 122 | Location: N. TX | Registered: June 22, 2019Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Yes. I caused a slight thread drift by suggesting considering other optics and an adapter plate. The subsequent discussion was because of that.

Posts: 5164 | Location: Iowa | Registered: February 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Equally stupid question about the Trijicon RMR Type 2. Almost the same price as the DPP. Will it fit on the M17 without an adapter?

posted Hide Post
Nope. You need a plate which is what we were discussing above.