SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    P239 Holster Recommendations Sought
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

P239 Holster Recommendations Sought Login/Join 
Picture of lsjfwao
posted
Good Day all. After searching for what seems like an eternity I recently brought home a 239 in .40 S&W. The 239 was brought home, inspected, and shot before going off to Sig for their SSP. With new internals and additional function testing I am ready to begin carrying this firearm. I currently have two IWB holsters (crossbreed and vedder) and am seeking recommendations for OWB options from those who currently carry or have carried a 239. I am primarily interested in OWB options but will gladly accept any recommendations the forum has to offer.

Posts: 36 | Location: Virginia | Registered: March 09, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I have a Mitch Rosen President Express and I couldn’t be happier with it.

Posts: 159 | Location: Long Island, NY | Registered: December 19, 2021Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Objectively Reasonable
Picture of DennisM
posted Hide Post
I have a Mitch Rosen Premier (easy off/on) and Upper Limit (rides somewhat higher than the Premier) and have had good luck with both. Both are comfortable and hold the weapon close.

IWB I use a Mitch Rosen Independent. No complaints there either.

(Yes, I like Mitch Rosen, and used their stuff for several years pre-retirement with both SIG and Glock compacts. Their Express models are a good value, IMO, and ship quickly.)

Posts: 2466 | Registered: January 01, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Do---or do not.
There is no try.
posted Hide Post
I still carry my P239 from time to time, and have had it in an El Paso Saddlery strong side belt loop snap attachment holster with a thumb break snap for retention. El Paso doesn't make the holster with the thumb break any more.

I agree that the Mitch Rosen Premier FD or XP (also without the thumb break) is a very good holster.

Posts: 4502 | Registered: January 01, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Have used a Galco Fletch for mine and cant complain.

Posts: 97 | Registered: October 21, 2019Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Ryan Grizzle is good..

Posts: 449 | Location: Oklahoma | Registered: January 11, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Great Equalizer
Picture of colt_saa
posted Hide Post
I have both a Galco Concealable and a Grizzle Country Boy

Both are excellent and serve the same duty. It is hard to choose one over the other

The Galco does sit tighter to the body so if you want to hid the pistol under a loose Tee or Polo shirt that would be the way I would go

------------------------------------------------------------------
NRA Benefactor . . . Certified Instructor . . . Certified RSO
SWCA

356TSW.com
45talk.com
RacingPlanetUSA.Com

Posts: 5179 | Location: Cocoa Beach, Florida | Registered: November 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I carried mine for years in the Milt Sparks Versa Max 2. Only holster I carried it with. Looked almost new when I put it in the safe over a decade later.

https://www.miltsparks.com/ins...istband/versa-max-2/

Posts: 4743 | Registered: February 15, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A day late, and
a dollar short
Picture of Warhorse
posted Hide Post
I have found that a Don Hume 721OT works well for OWB, at least I like it, and the price is reasonable.
https://www.gunnersalley.com/d...h721ot-belt-holster/

Posts: 13682 | Location: Michigan | Registered: July 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Orive 8
posted Hide Post
I carried my SIG P239 in a Kramer horsehide OWB belt scabbard. Can't be beat! (My opinion of course Wink )

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Tomorrow's battle is won during today's practice.

Posts: 1899 | Location: Collier Twp, PA | Registered: June 08, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of lsjfwao
posted Hide Post
Thanks to all for the suggestions!

Posts: 36 | Location: Virginia | Registered: March 09, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Do No Harm,
Do Know Harm
posted Hide Post
I’ve had a lot. Started carrying with a P239 in 2004 or so. It’s what led me here.

Best one (OWB) I ever found was the F.I.S.T High Ride kydex.

https://www.fist-holsters.com/...056-2057-detail.html

Knowing what one is talking about is widely admired but not strictly required here.

Although sometimes distracting, there is often a certain entertainment value to this easy standard.
-JALLEN

"All I need is a WAR ON DRUGS reference and I got myself a police thread BINGO." -jljones

Posts: 11449 | Location: NC | Registered: August 16, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of SigSentry
posted Hide Post
I have an old Milt Sparks. I'll have to open it another 1/4 inch soon to fit my belt.

Posts: 3522 | Registered: May 30, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post