SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    You will buy a Taurus....for your asian wife.
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

You will buy a Taurus....for your asian wife. Login/Join 
Alienator
Picture of SIG4EVA
posted
There, I said it. We have a Taurus TCP for my wife.

SIG556 Classic
P220 Carry SAS Gen 2 SAO
SP2022 9mm German Triple Serial
P938 SAS
P365 FDE

Psalm 118:24 "This is the day which the Lord hath made; we will rejoice and be glad in it"

Posts: 7058 | Location: NC | Registered: March 16, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I bought a Taurus once. I ended up trading it and cash for a pistol I could rely on, a SIG SP2340.

Posts: 1053 | Location: Texas | Registered: February 20, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Leatherneck
posted Hide Post
I’ve owned four. Of those, two have been unreliable and needed to go back to the factory.

Okay, I’ve owned other guns that had to go back, but where Taurus really sets themselves apart is their CS. It’s definitely the worst CS I have ever dealt with.

So yeah, I bought one. But I’ll never buy one again.

ETA: I did forget about the PT-92/96. For the right model and price I might buy one of those.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Pale Horse,

“Everybody wants a Sig in the sheets but a Glock on the streets.” -bionic218 04-02-2014

Posts: 15249 | Location: Florida | Registered: May 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Uppity Helot
posted Hide Post
I wish I could trust the build quality on their revolvers but I just can’t.

Posts: 3128 | Location: Manheim, PA | Registered: September 04, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
For real?
Picture of Chowser
posted Hide Post
My PT99AFS from 1997 works great. It's old. I love the frame mounted safety/decocker.

I bought a Spectrum off someone for $100, it's functional but nothing to write home about. I cleaned it, fired a few hundred rounds through it then gave it to one of my girlfriends. She's white. lol

Not minority enough!

Posts: 7993 | Location: Cleveland, OH | Registered: August 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Yew got a spider
on yo head
Picture of DoctorSolo
posted Hide Post
What went so wrong that you would endanger her like that?

I say, I say, it's a joke, son.
Good for her for taking responsibility for her safety.

Posts: 5101 | Location: Colorado Springs | Registered: April 12, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Giftedly Outspoken
Picture of sigarms229
posted Hide Post
Well I won't be buying a Taurus for my asian wife because:

1. I don't have an asian wife

2. I don't like Taurus.

I wish you (and her) nothing but luck with your purchase. You are probably going to need it.

Sometimes, you gotta roll the hard six

Posts: 4507 | Location: SouthCentral PA | Registered: December 05, 1999Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Alienator
Picture of SIG4EVA
posted Hide Post
Apparently, we hit the lotto on this one. Put roughly 500 rds through it and it always goes bang.

SIG556 Classic
P220 Carry SAS Gen 2 SAO
P938 SAS
P365 FDE

Psalm 118:24 "This is the day which the Lord hath made; we will rejoice and be glad in it"

Posts: 7058 | Location: NC | Registered: March 16, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
always with a hat or sunscreen
Picture of bald1
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Chowser:
My PT99AFS from 1997 works great. It's old. I love the frame mounted safety/decocker.

I'm with Chowser here. Have a 1986 PT99AF that has been flawless. Love too the cocked 'n locked controls.

Currently have a 1990 Taurus 689 6" 357 revolver. Again no issues.

Son had an old PT92 which he liked.

In the past I had a 85 snubby but for whatever reason just could not shoot it well so it was flipped.

Had a wife. Not Asian. Flipped her too. Smile

Certifiable member of the gun toting, septuagenarian, bucket list workin', crazed retiree, bald is beautiful club!
USN (RET), COTEP #192

Posts: 16146 | Location: Black Hills of South Dakota | Registered: June 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
No, not like
Bill Clinton
Picture of BigSwede
posted Hide Post
Just divorce her if you don't like her

J/K. I'll bet you are just happy that she has warmed up to a pistol. I bought my wife about ten before she found one she liked

Posts: 5302 | Location: GA | Registered: September 23, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Frangas non Flectes
Picture of P220 Smudge
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by SIG4EVA:
Apparently, we hit the lotto on this one. Put roughly 500 rds through it and it always goes bang.

Watch out for that 501st round.

Posts: 17061 | Location: Sonoran Desert | Registered: February 10, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Alienator
Picture of SIG4EVA
posted Hide Post
Here is the beauty surrounded by her SIG brethren.

SIG556 Classic
P220 Carry SAS Gen 2 SAO
P938 SAS
P365 FDE

posted Hide Post
Own 2 1911s and a pt92. All work as they should.

A Perpetual Disappointment...

Posts: 2731 | Location: BFE, Ohio | Registered: August 05, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of grumpy1
posted Hide Post
It definitely would not end well for me if I tried to buy my wife a Taurus.

Posts: 9730 | Location: Northern Illinois | Registered: March 20, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I've had several Taurus revolvers, and presently have a Taurus 85 snubby, which worked just fine. Timing was fine, triggers fine.

Their 1911's are abortions.

Posts: 6650 | Registered: September 13, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I remember reading: "Friends don't let friends buy a Taurus handgun".

"Some people are alive today because it's against the law to kill them".

Posts: 8228 | Location: Arizona | Registered: August 17, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Knows too little
about too much
Picture of rduckwor
posted Hide Post
The only Taurus I ever owned when back to the factory twice. The second time I told them to keep it and send me a check for it.

They did,

RMD

TL Davis: “The Second Amendment is special, not because it protects guns, but because its violation signals a government with the intention to oppress its people…”
Remember: After the first one, the rest are free.

Posts: 20303 | Location: L.A. - Lower Alabama | Registered: April 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I’m not advocating anyone buy a Taurus but as I’be have 4 of their 1911s and they have been solid. They used to be a very good value, not so much anymore. I tell people get what you want and fits your financial means. Would I buy anything new from Taurus other than a 1911 or pt99? Probably not as I’ve seen a few at the range that had problems. I’ve sent back 2 Springfield’s and a Colt because they had problems I couldn’t fix, I guess I’ve been lucky in my limited Taurus experience

Posts: 448 | Location: Marblehead ohio | Registered: January 05, 2020Reply With QuoteReport This Post
אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post
I have two Taurus revolvers, fraternal twins: Model 94 is .22 LR, and model 941 is .22 WMR.

Each of them has been back to the factory at least twice.

Neither one will fire a full cylinder of ammunition without at least one "dud." This, with every brand of ammunition that I could find. Winchester, Federal, CCI, Aguila, etc.

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

Posts: 30546 | Location: Central Florida, Orlando area | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of iron chef
posted Hide Post
The Taurus TX22 was launched in Jan 2019 and has quietly made a name for itself as one of the best 22LR pistols on the market. I don't think I've seen a negative review of them by anyone who has actually shot more than a couple mags through them.

Another 22LR pistol is pretty low on my WTB list right now, but I'll pick up a TX22 when the right deal comes along.

Posts: 3172 | Location: Texas | Registered: June 17, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post