SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    P236 Elite- hole on top of slide?
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

P236 Elite- hole on top of slide? Login/Join 
posted
What’s the little hole on top of slide on a p226 Elite that’s just above the extractor (NOT on the side of the slide near cocking serration, but actually on top of slide)?

Posts: 104 | Registered: April 05, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
E tan e epi tas
Picture of cslinger
posted Hide Post
Without a picture I am guessing roll pin holding the extractor.

"Guns are tools. The only weapon ever created was man."

Posts: 7674 | Location: On the water | Registered: July 25, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Someone messaged me that E2 uppers have a larger extractor and that’s the pin to remove it. So There’s a pin inside the hole? It looks like a hole.

Posts: 104 | Registered: April 05, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
If you don't have the pin in there, that's going to be no bueno.

Q

Posts: 26339 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Web Clavin Extraordinaire
Picture of Oat_Action_Man
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by hoser:
Someone messaged me that E2 uppers have a larger extractor and that’s the pin to remove it. So There’s a pin inside the hole? It looks like a hole.

Presuming it's a roll pin, then, yes, there's a pin.

Roll pins are hollow (like literally a sheet of metal rolled into a pin), so the hole you're seeing is probably the center of the pin.

If you look very carefully, you should see the hole in the pin, the wall of the pin and then the actual hole in the slide itself.

----------------------------

Chuck Norris put the laughter in "manslaughter"

Educating the youth of America, one declension at a time.

Posts: 19837 | Location: SE PA | Registered: January 12, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Blume9mm
posted Hide Post
Here's what it should look like, the one on the right has the long extractor and top hole/pin.

the one on the left is a p226 with short extractor.

Oh, and a little advise... you as the original poster can edit your title to correct that typo.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Blume9mm,

My Native American Name:
"Runs with Scissors"

Posts: 4441 | Location: Greenville, SC | Registered: January 30, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post