SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    MPX brace options
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

MPX brace options Login/Join 
posted
I know this topic has been covered before but I can’t find much information on the SB triangle brace. Any one have one and any opinions? Trying to decide between the SB triangle, SB regular folder and the Sig PSB brace. Other than the turning aspect of the PSB most say its very nice. I am leaning towards it but like the look of the triangle folder. I have heard the 1913 hookup that SB uses makes their brace a little long. Any thoughts on these braces?

Posts: 18 | Registered: July 28, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Jsd1318:
I know this topic has been covered before but I can’t find much information on the SB triangle brace. Any one have one and any opinions? Trying to decide between the SB triangle, SB regular folder and the Sig PCB brace. Other than the turning aspect of the PCB most say its very nice. I am leaning towards it but like the look of the triangle folder. I have heard the 1913 hookup that SB uses makes their brace a little long. Any thoughts on these braces?

Picture of myrottiety
posted Hide Post
I've got the collapsible PSB brace on mine. No complaints. Went on easy and is pretty solid. Only MPX I've shot so I can't compare.

Train how you intend to Fight

Remember - Training is not sparring. Sparring is not fighting. Fighting is not combat.

Posts: 8852 | Location: Woodstock, GA | Registered: August 04, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Mine came from the factory with a folder. Works fine but I wasn't crazy about the thickness when the brace was folded and stowed in my quick access safe. Bought the collapsible PSB a few months later and have been using it ever since. Both are rock solid in operation. Only downside with the collapsible is that the gun is considerably longer than with the folder in their shortest length configurations. With the folder it more or less fit nicely into my range backpack; I had to pony up and buy into a larger pack to swallow the MPX with the PSB brace.

No experience with the triangle brace. Looks neat though, and folds considerably flatter than the original factory supplied brace does.

-MG

Posts: 1989 | Location: The commie, rainy side of WA | Registered: April 19, 2020Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Yeah, mine came with the fat folder too. I put a SB collapsible brace on it but it’s to long now. That’s why I wanted some opinions on the Pivoting brace Sig has out now vs the SB side folder.

posted Hide Post
Get a Sig PSB, and buy the parts from Gearhead Works to covert it to a Tailhook. You remove the plastic clamshell on the PSB, install an adapter spud, and then install the Tailhook. The new Mod1C Tailhook is much smaller than the original too.

I am going this way with my Scorpion - already have the factory folding part and the spud, just need the Tailhook which of course is sold out everywhere.

I also have an MPX and a Rattler with the Sig collapsible braces. I bought the Rattler after Sig announced the change to the PSB because I hate the fact that the PSB spins.

If not this, either the SB 1913 Aluminum Arm folder (not the plastic arm), or their collapsible brace.

Posts: 4718 | Location: Indiana | Registered: December 28, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The guy behind the guy
Picture of esdunbar
posted Hide Post
I also like the conversion to the tail hook. I did that on my Rattler with a side folder and really like it.

My black Copperhead has the PSB brace on it and I find it way too short. I have a side folder that should be shipping this week. On my Rattler I don't mind the size of the Tailhook Mod 1 at all, but I have a Compact version on backorder for the little Copperhead.

Posts: 7548 | Registered: April 19, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Thank you
Very little
Picture of HRK
posted Hide Post
Sig has a sale on the MPX folding brace $79
heck of a price.

https://www.sigsauer.com/store...il&utm_source=Eloqua

Posts: 23454 | Location: Florida | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The guy behind the guy
Picture of esdunbar
posted Hide Post
That link is to a stock, not a brace.

Posts: 7548 | Registered: April 19, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Thank you
Very little
Picture of HRK
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by esdunbar:
That link is to a stock, not a brace.

yeah that is true, I was thinking about getting one, since I sbr'd the MPX to replace the sliding stock...

Its still a great price LOL

Posts: 23454 | Location: Florida | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post