SIGforum
GSSF Certificate: How difficult to use?

This topic can be found at:
https://sigforum.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/430601935/m/1680070584

September 14, 2021, 08:01 PM
sjames
GSSF Certificate: How difficult to use?
Working a deal with a guy and he’s offered a GSSF certificate as payment. I’m not a GSSF member so I’ve little knowledge of the system.

Of course, I’d use the certificate to snag a hard to get pistol right now. Any extra delay? Any thing I should be aware of?

Thanks!
September 14, 2021, 08:32 PM
AJP173
Is this a certificate that they received at a GSSF Match as an award for a free standard Glock or the annual card to buy a discounted Glock?
The prize certificate is transferable but the annual discount card is not.
Currently GSSF says it could take 4 to 5 months to receive prize guns.
September 15, 2021, 06:10 AM
sjames
Yes, certificate for a free Glock.

That 4-5 month wait is important info. Thanks!
September 15, 2021, 06:26 AM
Fredward
Certificates can be exchanged over the counter for Glocks at Blue Label dealers. I don't know about transferablity. Locally, we have plenty of Glocks, Blue Label and civilian models.
September 15, 2021, 04:11 PM
captain127
The most recent certificates in the last few years have a section allowing the original gssf member to sign it over to someone else.
Some blue label dealers will accept the certificates in exchange for an in stock product but that is not universal from what I can tell.
Having won a fair number of these certificates over the years, you generally mail the certificate directly to glock to provide the pistol.
What happens then can be a bit variable. Glock like many companies make production runs of different models at different times.
If you happen to mail the certificate at the same time they are running that model you might get your gun in just a couple weeks.
However if you seek a less common model, it can be months before it shows up, coinciding with them running that model.
September 15, 2021, 06:54 PM
JBP55
quote:
Originally posted by captain127:
The most recent certificates in the last few years have a section allowing the original gssf member to sign it over to someone else.
Some blue label dealers will accept the certificates in exchange for an in stock product but that is not universal from what I can tell.
Having won a fair number of these certificates over the years, you generally mail the certificate directly to glock to provide the pistol.
What happens then can be a bit variable. Glock like many companies make production runs of different models at different times.
If you happen to mail the certificate at the same time they are running that model you might get your gun in just a couple weeks.
However if you seek a less common model, it can be months before it shows up, coinciding with them running that model.

What Captain127 said.
September 15, 2021, 08:27 PM
sjames
Thanks for the explanation

I figured that might be the case. Based on your thoughts, I’ve passed on the certificate.

I appreciate the wisdom