SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    The Cult has called me home....
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

The Cult has called me home.... Login/Join 
Picture of Sig M11
posted
(Bonus points for the folks who knew what this thread was going to be about as soon as they read "Cult." Big Grin)

It has been a while, but I will soon have another HK P7M8.

In 2007, I got a job promotion and gifted myself on of the last 200 P7M8s built. (This was the run after the xxx of 500 series)

Four mags. Nills grips. Warning at the bottom of the trigger guard. Beautiful pistol and it was like laser beam.

I sold a bunch of pistols years ago. I should never had put that one on the list and always regretted it.

This week I should receive the new one. Nills are ordered. Extra mags are coming.

Can't wait.

I would post some photos. What is the best process to do that these days?

Posts: 1406 | Location: Wilmington, Delaware | Registered: February 05, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
E tan e epi tas
Picture of cslinger
posted Hide Post
Welcome back the Kool Aid is in the back. Smile

Yes I immediately knew.

Enjoy.

"Guns are tools. The only weapon ever created was man."

Posts: 7631 | Location: On the water | Registered: July 25, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
i use imgur.

Posts: 2207 | Registered: October 17, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Congratulations. Happy for you.
Yes, I knew too.
Still waiting for one more last of run of P7’s…

Posts: 826 | Location: Baltimore, MD | Registered: March 29, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
E tan e epi tas
Picture of cslinger
posted Hide Post
quote:
… Extra mags are coming

House refinanced, Raman noodles picked up. Razz

Seriously though, once again enjoy it. They are a gun guys gun to be sure from the manufacturer to the operating system to the shooting to the mystique etc. etc.

Take care and shoot safe.
Chris

Posts: 7631 | Location: On the water | Registered: July 25, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Sig M11
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by cslinger:
quote:
… Extra mags are coming

House refinanced, Raman noodles picked up. Razz

Chris

Big Grin (Very true!)

Posts: 1406 | Location: Wilmington, Delaware | Registered: February 05, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
As the proud owner of two P7psp’s I say welcome back to the fold. Sure wish I had bought more than 4 mags years ago though.

Posts: 1621 | Location: Raleigh, NC | Registered: March 29, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Rick Lee
posted Hide Post
Whatever happened to all the ones the Bavarian State Police replaced a few years ago? Manhole covers or in storage, awaiting shipment to the US?

Posts: 3492 | Location: Cave Creek, AZ | Registered: October 24, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Well done !

I really regret selling my H&K P7M13..

and my H&K P9S Group III

Frown

Posts: 154 | Location: Sydney, Australia | Registered: December 23, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Each post crafted from
rich Corinthian leather
Picture of TheFrontRange
posted Hide Post
Congratulations!

A total stranger at the range let me try a magazine through his P7 (I think it was an M8 vs. an M13) and I was impressed. An acquaintance of mine once carried a P7 variant during his early days as a police officer back in the ‘80s.

"The sea was angry that day, my friends - like an old man trying to send back soup in a deli." - George Costanza

Posts: 6687 | Registered: September 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of SIGfourme
posted Hide Post
Got it by the Cult.
I have always liked the P7. Stocked up with PSP's when the last wave of Police trade ins came--when the Forum had Steve the "bouncying tomato".

Posts: 2295 | Location: Southeast CT | Registered: January 18, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Not getting a P7 before they went nuts is one of my great gun regrets.

Posts: 5143 | Location: Iowa | Registered: February 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Welcome to the cult, indeed. The P7 is one of those mechanical wonders that one doesn't even need to shoot to appreciate. It just feel so right in the hand, and was such an advanced design for its time. I was lucky enough to pick one up in 1985 for $350, and it still shoots so naturally and accurately today that I would certainly buy another if I came across it. Congratulations on this fine acquisition - no gun collection is complete without it, in my humble opinion.

Posts: 110 | Location: Chicago area | Registered: April 01, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Sig M11
posted Hide Post
Picked it up from the FFL this afternoon. It is LNIB. Clean warranty card. Piston rings are very sharp. Beautiful pistol.

Broke it down. Cleaned. Lube.

I got a range day on Friday, but I may not be able to wait that long.

posted Hide Post
I bought a PSP in West German in the early 1980s, still have it, shame they don’t produce them any more.

Posts: 1546 | Registered: October 30, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Looking at life
thru a windshield
Picture of fischtown7
posted Hide Post
just when I thought I was out, they pull me back in. Welcome back

pull me back in

Posts: 3560 | Location: FL, GA,HB, and all points beyond | Registered: February 10, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
E tan e epi tas
Picture of cslinger
posted Hide Post
Try giving this dude a call.

https://www.teufelshundtactical.com/

Picture of Rick Lee
posted Hide Post
Stumbled upon this in the LGS yetserday.

Posts: 3492 | Location: Cave Creek, AZ | Registered: October 24, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Rick Lee:
Stumbled upon this in the LGS yetserday.

Wow. I remember those back in the day. Thanks for ousting.
Correct me if I am wrong — a limited contracted factory run of suppressor ready nickel wonders?

Posts: 826 | Location: Baltimore, MD | Registered: March 29, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of ridewv
posted Hide Post
Congratulations M11, when I saw "cult" I just assumed you would be talking P7's. Smile

No car is as much fun to drive, as any motorcycle is to ride.

Posts: 7039 | Location: Northern WV | Registered: January 17, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post