SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    The Cult has called me home....
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

The Cult has called me home.... Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Rick Lee:
Stumbled upon this in the LGS yetserday.

I've heard that cults have a history of robbing their inductees blind, but really! Red Face

-MG

Posts: 1924 | Location: The commie, rainy side of WA | Registered: April 19, 2020Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of SIGfourme
posted Hide Post
Nothing on factory nickel P7 M13 SD. There was a Robar refinished P7M13 SD that was listed at $18K.
I had a factory threaded barrel that was part of a package deal --closest I've been to a threaded P7.

Posts: 2292 | Location: Southeast CT | Registered: January 18, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
It's pronounced just
the way it's spelled
posted Hide Post
Welcome back to the cult! As a fellow cult member, I got the reference from the thread title. HK’s coolest gun ever, I carried my PSP until I realized I was carrying an almost irreplaceable handgun worth a couple grand.

Posts: 1497 | Location: Arid Zone A | Registered: February 14, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I’m an idiot. I never crush the trends. Never made outrageous killing on selling houses. Never picked a penny stick that went bananas. Never bought crypto for cheap. Ok, maybe I dodged a bullet on that last one. Point is I’m not that guy. Yet somehow I ended up with 5 P7’s and P7M8’s and mags which might be the real bonanza.

Best part is I don’t mind shooting them because I got enough to spare. Yay, I won something.

Glad you are back. Fun guns.

Posts: 7327 | Location: Florida | Registered: June 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
His diet consists of black
coffee, and sarcasm.
Picture of egregore
posted Hide Post

Posts: 27805 | Location: Johnson City/Elizabethton, TN | Registered: April 28, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Three on, one off
Picture of G-Man
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by monoblok:
quote:

I've heard that cults have a history of robbing their inductees blind, but really! Red Face

That price is a joke, right?

Posts: 4449 | Location: Michigan | Registered: November 03, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Plowing straight ahead come what may
Picture of Bisleyblackhawk
posted Hide Post
Hell fire I’m still over dosing on .45 GAP Eek

"we've gotta roll with the punches, learn to play all of our hunches
Making the best of what ever comes our way
Forget that blind ambition and learn to trust your intuition
Plowing straight ahead come what may
And theres a cowboy in the jungle"
Jimmy Buffet

Posts: 10579 | Location: Southeast Tennessee...not far above my homestate Georgia | Registered: March 10, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Sig M11
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by airbubba:
i use imgur.

Posts: 1406 | Location: Wilmington, Delaware | Registered: February 05, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:

Almost $18k….wow.

Posts: 1095 | Location: Orange Park, FL. | Registered: November 26, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Sig M11
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by usncorpsman:
quote:

Almost $18k….wow.

Well, when I win that PowerBall $1,000,000,000 on Monday...

I will put that on the list.

Posts: 1406 | Location: Wilmington, Delaware | Registered: February 05, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Rick Lee
posted Hide Post
That gun has been gone a while. I think it was on consignment and the seller changed his mind and took it back.

Posts: 3491 | Location: Cave Creek, AZ | Registered: October 24, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Just in time for Hans Gruber season!!!

Posts: 1651 | Location: SC | Registered: December 10, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Sig M11:
(Bonus points for the folks who knew what this thread was going to be about as soon as they read "Cult." Big Grin)

It has been a while, but I will soon have another HK P7M8.

In 2007, I got a job promotion and gifted myself on of the last 200 P7M8s built. (This was the run after the xxx of 500 series)

Four mags. Nills grips. Warning at the bottom of the trigger guard. Beautiful pistol and it was like laser beam.

I sold a bunch of pistols years ago. I should never had put that one on the list and always regretted it.

This week I should receive the new one. Nills are ordered. Extra mags are coming.

Can't wait.

I would post some photos. What is the best process to do that these days?

Amazing guns! I kick myself in the ass every time I think about when I sold them all off.

I had 4 P7M8, 2 PSP, 2 P7M13, 1 P7M10 (this was the only gun that caused some strife with me and the wife. It was expensive).

Posts: 874 | Location: NE Pennsylvania | Registered: December 10, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Sig M11
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by davidjinks:
I kick myself in the ass every time I think about when I sold them all off.

I had 4 P7M8, 2 PSP, 2 P7M13, 1 P7M10 (this was the only gun that caused some strife with me and the wife. It was expensive).

Ugh...that hurts to even read that...

My original HK P7M8. It was one of the last 200 parts guns they ever made. The ugly warning was at the bottom of the trigger guard. AH date code.

Picture of Perception
posted Hide Post
Ah, I'm more than a little jealous. Congratulations!

I've always kind of wanted one of those, but I'm of the age where I couldn't afford it when I was a broke ass college student. I'm no longer a broke ass college student, now I just can't justify it.

I'll get one one day, they're way on down the list of things I need to spend money on.

"The people hate the lizards and the lizards rule the people."
"Odd," said Arthur, "I thought you said it was a democracy."
"I did," said Ford, "it is."
"So," said Arthur, hoping he wasn't sounding ridiculously obtuse, "why don't the people get rid of the lizards?"
"It honestly doesn't occur to them. They've all got the vote, so they all pretty much assume that the government they've voted in more or less approximates the government they want."
"You mean they actually vote for the lizards."
"Oh yes," said Ford with a shrug, "of course."
"But," said Arthur, going for the big one again, "why?"
"Because if they didn't vote for a lizard, then the wrong lizard might get in."

Posts: 3506 | Location: Two blocks from the Center of the Universe | Registered: December 30, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I have 3 PSP's and 2 M8's. All bought when they were plentiful if not cheap. Someday I will trade them for amazing stuff that I wouldn't want to pay for or explain the cc charge to my wife. lol

I love them but don't shoot them anymore. No idea why. Great guns. Maybe I will take one of them next time.

Posts: 7327 | Location: Florida | Registered: June 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Sig M11
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by pedropcola:
I have 3 PSP's and 2 M8's. All bought when they were plentiful if not cheap. Someday I will trade them for amazing stuff that I wouldn't want to pay for or explain the cc charge to my wife. lol

I love them but don't shoot them anymore. No idea why. Great guns. Maybe I will take one of them next time.

As I get closer to retirement, I am pondering what my retired carry will be...

I have some nice choices:

Glock 19M MOS
Glock 23.4 w 357Sig barrel (or 40)

Glock 43X
Sig Sauer P225
HK P7M8

I could see the P7M8 getting a lot of carry time.

Range:

Before I started running very low on 9mm and I needed to get these RMRs zero'ed...

I would take whatever pistol/rifle I was shooting and the HK w/100 rounds.

It usually worked out that I could shoot 50 rounds from the HK...let it sit for a good while as I was shooting the other firearm...

And then shoot another 50 rounds from the HK.

It would still get really hot at +80 rounds, but...it was manageable.

Picture of Rick Lee
posted Hide Post
Went to Scottsdale Gun Club today. They have a really clean nickel PSP for $3699. Giving it away, eh?

Posts: 3491 | Location: Cave Creek, AZ | Registered: October 24, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
WOW. I want to sell mine for 3700 bucks. What are mags up to? lol

These are great guns but that is nuts.