SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    "Magrips" for the P226 X5/X6 SAO and 10 thumbs up to Ken @ Hogue
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

"Magrips" for the P226 X5/X6 SAO and 10 thumbs up to Ken @ Hogue Login/Join 
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted
Back in June, I emailed Ken at Hogue to see if they would be willing to make a custom order of the magrips for the German SAO Xguns. These are the grips with the extended integral magwell, hence the "magrips" name. Hogue makes the magrips for the DA/SA P226, but those grips for the SAO guns were never made. I had my reasons for wanting those, as noted in >>this thread<<. With Hogue being busy as they are, Ken still took me up on it, talked to engineer, eventually got approval from upper management and worked with the machine shop Super to finally bring the project to fruition. The icing on the cake was that Ken twisted my arms to charge me much less than what I originally said I was going to pay for the order. Big Grin Amazing company and people like this deserve our support. And, I'm super glad that Hogue will now be incorporating these grips into their regular line-up. Cool

My order was for the G10 Checkered in G-Mascus Black, and they arrived yesterday. Fit perfectly on the X5 Facettes and the X6 Midnight. The checkered pattern sticks to your hand like sandpaper, almost to the level of the original Glock RTF2 texture. I always love grips with great traction, and these are right there at the top. And, the slimmer grip profile compared to the bulky target wood grips on the Midnight is a big plus.

Q

Posts: 26390 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of OttoSig
posted Hide Post
Oh those will be nice if I can snag one of these X-six classics in the next few hours.

11 years to retirement! Just waiting!

Posts: 6318 | Location: Maryland | Registered: August 10, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Giftedly Outspoken
Picture of sigarms229
posted Hide Post
That's awesome that they were able to do that for you. Hogue is truly a top notch company and Ken has always been a great member of this forum.

Thanks for sharing Q!

Sometimes, you gotta roll the hard six

Posts: 4522 | Location: SouthCentral PA | Registered: December 05, 1999Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Rotty37
posted Hide Post
WOW!! Absolutely stunning!!

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Posts: 4451 | Registered: December 27, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Beautiful grips and pistols! It's great to see a large company with so many offerings that is still very responsive to customer requests.

Posts: 154 | Registered: December 23, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I really like those.

Posts: 6633 | Location: Virginia | Registered: December 23, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Frangas non Flectes
Picture of P220 Smudge
posted Hide Post
Very nice! I'm surprised and pleased to hear they made you a custom set. I've emailed Ken a few times over the last few years about making a stock for a Ruger PC and never got a reply. Gave up and sold the gun. I've just recently bought my third set of Hogue G10's for a pistol, though. Checkered, and very nice. Couldn't be more pleased.

Posts: 17131 | Location: Sonoran Desert | Registered: February 10, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 1KPerDay
posted Hide Post
Awesome.

---------------------------
My hovercraft is full of eels.

Posts: 3211 | Registered: February 27, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Manufactures Rep.
Picture of Ken @ Hogue Inc
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by P220 Smudge:
Very nice! I'm surprised and pleased to hear they made you a custom set. I've emailed Ken a few times over the last few years about making a stock for a Ruger PC and never got a reply. ......

I'll take the hit if I was emailed and failed to reply. That doesn't happen that often. Rifle stocks are not my area to manage. I have reported the requests to those in charge. It has been mentioned as possible but nothing at this time. Tooling for these items are way over my head. If an when anything new is developed and or brought to market, I do what I can to post it here for all to see and learn.

Need technical help with Hogue products and your firearm?

Try the Hogue Knowledge Base for answers!

Hogue Gear
Holsters and more...
www.hogueinc.com
www.hogueknives.com www.heatedtoiletseat.com www.zombiegrips.com
Ken@hogueinc.com

View or Download your Catalog today;

2023 Catalog

2023 Knife Catalog

Hogue AR-15/ Catalog

Request a Catalog

Posts: 1597 | Location: Home Office, Paso Robles, CA -Headquarters, Henderson, NV. -W/Warehouses in San Diego, CA and Vienna, Austria | Registered: July 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Frangas non Flectes
Picture of P220 Smudge
posted Hide Post
Thanks, Ken. Won’t stop me from doing further business with Hogue. You guys make a fantastic product and stand behind it. I figured I got lost in a spam filter or something. Smile

Posts: 17131 | Location: Sonoran Desert | Registered: February 10, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Beautiful. You have exquisite taste in guns and take breathtaking pictures.

Posts: 1101 | Location: Orange Park, FL. | Registered: November 26, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thanks so much Q for sharing this and the pictures of how great they came out fit/function included. Really appreciate you being a pioneer for this offering from Hogue as my needs are very similar to yours since I always personally felt the X5/X6 factory grips were more for show than function and purpose , especially those Mastershop bulky mag well built in ones.

All my Sigs have Hogue grips for a reason btw, thanks to you Ken and Hogue for being the golden standard.

Please let us know when these a available for purchase ;-)

Posts: 259 | Registered: July 11, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Hogue, and Ken, are a first class operation. I've got their grips on numerous pistols including the one I carry. Thanks for looking in on us Ken !

Posts: 934 | Location: Central Ohio | Registered: January 05, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Be not wise in
thine own eyes
Picture of kimber1911
posted Hide Post
Very nice looking grips.

I would like to put Hogue Grips on my P226 X-Five Club 30.

“We’re in a situation where we have put together, and you guys did it for our administration…President Obama’s administration before this. We have put together, I think, the most extensive and inclusive voter fraud organization in the history of American politics,”
Pres. Select, Joe Biden

“Let’s go, Brandon” Kelli Stavast, 2 Oct. 2021

Posts: 5267 | Location: USA | Registered: December 05, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post