SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    So who is happy (or not) with their new Beretta 92X (Full size, Centurion, or Compact)?
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

So who is happy (or not) with their new Beretta 92X (Full size, Centurion, or Compact)? Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
Vertec 'for the win' as far as I'm concerned. While I didn't mind the tradition 92 grip (much), the Vertec completely alters my perception of the 92 from a range toy to a viable defensive tool. My M9A3 was my introduction to the Vertec geometry and it for me indeed fits the game-changing, mind-blown cliches. DA was always a task with my 92FS and 92A1; with the Vertec the DA trigger reach and pull is far more manageable. It also doesn't hurt that the M9A3's trigger is lighter on both pull and break than the usual 92 suspects.

That M9A3 lead to my recent compulsion for the 92X Performance, which as mentioned in other threads I acted on. The proverbial jury's still out on this one, but none of my gripes with the gun are with the excellent Vertec grip.

-MG

Posts: 1979 | Location: The commie, rainy side of WA | Registered: April 19, 2020Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of CQB60
posted Hide Post
I understand among all the changes the 92X series offers, it also comes with the D spring installed.

Posts: 13806 | Location: VIrtual | Registered: November 13, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I love mine. I have the full size and compact but the compact does not have the rail,which I don't need anyway. The only thing I don't care for is how sharp/"grippy" the grips are. If you plan on carrying it, you might have to do something about the texture on the grips,especially for IWB carry. I am contemplating getting a set of M9A3 wrap around grips for the full size.

Posts: 6871 | Location: Treasure Coast,Fl. | Registered: July 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of ddown
posted Hide Post
I got one last week after 2 range visits it's a winner.deadly accurate sights right on. 65 YO eyes shooting the bull out. Love It. I got 92XGR with factory decocker.

Posts: 17 | Location: MI | Registered: February 11, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I picked up a 92X Centurion "G" model. I've always been a fan of the Vertec grip so I'm very happy. I also like how "grippy" the vertec grips are. It's finish appears to be flawless and the barrel is centered so nothing to complain about. I haven't shot it yet but will in the next couple of weeks.

Posts: 991 | Location: Carrollton, Texas | Registered: November 04, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I went with the 92X Compact "G" no rail. LTT did their trigger work with NP3 internals plus NP3 controls/hammer. My fav Beretta right now and I'm sold on the Vertec grip. Factory condition from TN was excellent or I wouldn't have accepted the pistol and Ernest Langdon's team made it special.

Posts: 931 | Location: Central Ohio | Registered: January 05, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post