SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    P220 Legion SAO 10mm
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

P220 Legion SAO 10mm Login/Join 
posted
Went to the LGS today to look around and say hi to the regulars, assuming there would not be anything of much interest in stock. Bad assumption, but a good find as I have never seen one of these in person before:

And of course, I took it home.

Posts: 4714 | Location: Indiana | Registered: December 28, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
My other Sig
is a Steyr.
Picture of .38supersig
posted Hide Post
Cool!

My 10mm P220 has been flawless since April of 2015.

Yours should serve you well for many years.

Posts: 9152 | Location: Somewhere looking for ammo that nobody has at a place I haven't been to for a pistol I couldn't live without... | Registered: December 02, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
My first 10mm so I'm looking for good ammo recommendations. Got 50 rounds of Magtech FMJ 180 grain 1230 FPS at the shop when I bought it. Not bad but probably still not full power.

Posts: 4714 | Location: Indiana | Registered: December 28, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
My other Sig
is a Steyr.
Picture of .38supersig
posted Hide Post
I have several thousand rounds of Armscor 180gr through mine.

Posts: 9152 | Location: Somewhere looking for ammo that nobody has at a place I haven't been to for a pistol I couldn't live without... | Registered: December 02, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Sig's own 10MM ammo isn't bad, 1250 ft/s and 624 FtLb at the muzzle.

Posts: 1254 | Location: Northern Nevada | Registered: December 22, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of OttoSig
posted Hide Post
Lefty,

I've purchased two in the past year, an elite SAO and a match elite DA/SA.

I've bought about 1500 rounds of various 10mm and when I finally make it home this fall I'll update the forum as to how it goes.

Got both of mine for a hair under 1K. And I'm constantly on the lookout for the P220-10 Stainless R5. Auction sites have them for 2200$ at the moment. No way in hell at that price.

I think you'll thoroughly enjoy it, I've shot several semi-custom and higher end 10mm 1911's and everyone i've spoke to said the P220-10 is the best 10mm platform. Even the folks who are die hard 1911 fans.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: OttoSig,

11 years to retirement! Just waiting!

Posts: 6318 | Location: Maryland | Registered: August 10, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
^^^^ Thanks.

I recently realized my Legion P220 .45 SAO is a better gun than my 1911's. The trigger isn't quite as good as a 1911, but everything else about it makes it a better shooter for me.

For the Legion 10mm the extra weight of the all steel frame should help compensate for the extra power.

I have a Sig Armorer Super Strut in the way - essential upgrade for Sig SAO's.

posted Hide Post
Congrats! Now buy some Underwood ammo and really see what the 10mm really is!

Posts: 120 | Location: Locust Grove, Virginia | Registered: November 28, 2019Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of henryaz
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ACP1:
Sig's own 10MM ammo isn't bad, 1250 ft/s and 624 FtLb at the muzzle.

Yes on SIG ammo. It is great for practice as it approaches the Underwood stuff in specs, then use the Underwood for carry. I prefer Underwood's 180gr with a Gold Dot bullet on top. Underwood calls that round the "bonded jacketed hollow point", which is also how Speer describes the Gold Dot. I confirmed with Underwood by phone that this is in fact the Gold Dot, but they are not permitted to use that name. I use the SIG FMJ for practice.

My gun is the SAO all Nitron version, which I grabbed a few years ago while they were still being made. You will love this gun. Its weight really tames the 10mm round.

When in doubt, mumble

Posts: 10786 | Location: South Congress AZ | Registered: May 27, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Redhookbklyn
posted Hide Post
I second the Underwood 10mm 180gr Gold Dot bonded hollow points.

“There is love in me the likes of which you’ve never seen. There is rage in me the likes of which should never escape."
—Mary Shelley, Frankenstein

Posts: 1935 | Location: South Carolina  | Registered: January 01, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of p08
posted Hide Post
Love my 220 10mm, have it and a long slide 1911 in 10 as well. I only was able to get the wildly unpopular Kryptic camo version.

-------------------------------------
Always the pall bearer, never the corpse.

Posts: 700 | Location: Illinois | Registered: December 03, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Want.

---------------------------------
I know my nation best. That's why I despise it the most. And I know and love my own people too, the swine. I'm a patriot. A dangerous man --Edward Abbey

After one look at this planet any visitor from outer space would say "I want to see the manager." - William S. Burroughs

Posts: 108 | Registered: January 16, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Would love a SAO Legion 10mm

Posts: 2059 | Location: Alabama  | Registered: February 01, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I have a Legion 10mm and a Dark Elite SAO 10mm and I have to say they shoot as good as my Dan Wesson Kodiac

Lawrence A Visocky (Larry V)

Posts: 494 | Registered: January 13, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
My other Sig
is a Steyr.
Picture of .38supersig
posted Hide Post
Guess I can't add anything else other than a mandatory picture. Wink