SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Picked up a SIG Pro 2340 +Update: Added SP2022 bottom of pg 1
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Picked up a SIG Pro 2340 +Update: Added SP2022 bottom of pg 1 Login/Join 
Shit don't
mean shit
posted
A few months ago while perusing the auction gun site I found a dealer in the Denver area that typically has 200+ guns listed at any point in time. I've had some extra money to spend on toys this year so I keep an eye on their sales. They recently had a SP2340 listed and the opening price was quite low at $300. I went over to the shop to fondle it and check it out. I had never really ever heard of the SP guns...I live under a rock.

This gun was in MINT condition. It looks like it had been fired just a few times. Two of the 3 mags it came with were still in the wrappers. I came here and searched for 2340 and read a bunch of posts. I know it has the stupid proprietary rail, but I'm not going to put a light on it. I told myself that if I could get it for $400 I would buy it. I have almost no self control when it comes to auctions, so I wound up paying $410 for it.

I really like picking up guns from this local seller as I don't have to pay shipping, and there's no FFL transfer fee when buying a gun they sell. They seem to have quite a few guns on consignment and from estate sales.

.40 S&W being somewhat out of favor is really working out for me as the guns seem to sell at a ~15% discount compared to 9 MM.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: 1967Goat,

Posts: 5763 | Location: 7400 feet in Conifer CO | Registered: November 14, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Blume9mm
posted Hide Post
Nothing wrong with that deal at all.

My Native American Name:
"Runs with Scissors"

Posts: 4441 | Location: Greenville, SC | Registered: January 30, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of SigSentry
posted Hide Post

Posts: 3522 | Registered: May 30, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Looking at life
thru a windshield
Picture of fischtown7
posted Hide Post
Well done, I had one in .357 Sig, wish I had kept it, it was a great pistol.

Posts: 3574 | Location: FL, GA,HB, and all points beyond | Registered: February 10, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Unflappable Enginerd
Picture of stoic-one
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by SigSentry:
Well done.

The 9 should drop in.
https://www.sigsauer.com/barrel-sp2022-9mm-lci.html
It does, although a little laterally loose in the barrel hood. For more options, see if you can find the 357SIG barrel, not an easy find, but out there... 3 calibers, one gun. Wink

NRA Benefactor
I lost all my weapons in a boating, umm, accident.
http://www.aufamily.com/forums/

Posts: 6215 | Location: Headland, AL | Registered: April 19, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Sig has the .357SIG barrel also. https://www.sigsauer.com/barrel-sp2022-357sig.html

I'm alright it's the rest of the world that's all screwed up!

Posts: 1366 | Location: Southern Michigan | Registered: May 30, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Just mobilize it
posted Hide Post
Nice pick up! That was my first Sig circa 2004. Sold it less than a year later to buy a P229 TT, but recently managed to pick up a SP2022 so I guess I’ve come full circle.

Posts: 4611 | Registered: July 24, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Age Quod Agis
Picture of ArtieS
posted Hide Post
You will love it. I have the 2022 and 2340. They are fantastic guns. Very under rated, accurate and comfortable to shoot.

"I vowed to myself to fight against evil more completely and more wholeheartedly than I ever did before. . . . That’s the only way to pay back part of that vast debt, to live up to and try to fulfill that tremendous obligation."

Alfred Hornik, Sunday, December 2, 1945 to his family, on his continuing duty to others for surviving WW II.

Posts: 12781 | Location: Central Florida | Registered: November 02, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
My other Sig
is a Steyr.
Picture of .38supersig
posted Hide Post
Cool!

quote:
Originally posted by fischtown7:
Well done, I had one in .357 Sig, wish I had kept it, it was a great pistol.

Did the same with the P250. Traded it for a Gen2 Glock 22.

Wanted another P250 and found a German version several years later.

Posts: 9157 | Location: Somewhere looking for ammo that nobody has at a place I haven't been to for a pistol I couldn't live without... | Registered: December 02, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Frangas non Flectes
Picture of P220 Smudge
posted Hide Post
Very nice! I like the Sig Pro, it's one of those guns that's always been on my "some day" list. The 2340 and 2009 have a neat asethetic to them with the older styling compared to the 2022. I like both versions, but the older style seemed to get phased out relatively quickly.

Posts: 17145 | Location: Sonoran Desert | Registered: February 10, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Hold Fast
Picture of Butch 2340
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Butch 2340:
The first handgun I ever bought. Once I put in a .357 barrel I never used the .40 again.

Never shoot a large caliber man with a small caliber bullet . . .

Posts: 7632 | Location: Georgia  | Registered: May 16, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of wacopolumbo
posted Hide Post
Great deal! 2009s and 2340s are great guns. I agree with you on the savings you can get on 40 S&W firearms nowadays.

Regards,
Waco

Learning from my mistakes since 1974...

Posts: 1713 | Location: Yorktown, VA | Registered: July 03, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Blume9mm
posted Hide Post
I bought the newer version 2022 a while back and then picked up a 357/40 slide with the two barrels and some magazines from a another member here....

The only thing I don't like about these is that long disconnect/locking rod on the side...

My Native American Name:
"Runs with Scissors"

Posts: 4441 | Location: Greenville, SC | Registered: January 30, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Shit don't
mean shit
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Blume9mm:
The only thing I don't like about these is that long disconnect/locking rod on the side...

Agreed! I'll be picking up some used .357 SIG and 9mm barrels as I see them for a great price. Mags too...you can never have too many mags. Cool

Posts: 5763 | Location: 7400 feet in Conifer CO | Registered: November 14, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Blume9mm
posted Hide Post
When I bought that 2022 from a member here it came in a big ass Law Enforcement Sig Case... blue...and I was kind of disappointed because I like the regular Sig cases better... but after I picked up the 357/40 slide and barrels and magazines I need that case to barely get it all in.

My Native American Name:
"Runs with Scissors"

Shit don't
mean shit
posted Hide Post
Picked up the more popular cousin to the 2340, a 2022 in 9 mm. Picked it up from the same place were I got the 2340. I haven't even shot the 2340 yet, but I can't seem to pass up a good deal. Looking forward to shooting them side by side.

The 2022 only came with 1 mag, but did some with the extra grip.

Picture of SigSentry
posted Hide Post
Excellent. Try the 9mm slide on the Swiss frame. It's the Legos of guns. Big Grin

Posts: 3522 | Registered: May 30, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of OttoSig
posted Hide Post
1967, you only got one mag for the 2022?

I got one I was given in a gift box that I don’t have a 2022 to use. It’s yours if you want it.

1 magazine is a crime!

11 years to retirement! Just waiting!

Posts: 6319 | Location: Maryland | Registered: August 10, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Official forum
SIG Pro
enthusiast
Picture of stickman428
posted Hide Post
Congrats on the Sig Pro pistols! They are one of my personal favorites and offer quite a bit of bang for your buck.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The price of liberty and even of common humanity is eternal vigilance

Posts: 21111 | Location: San Dimas CA, the Old Dominion or the Tar Heel State…flip a coin  | Registered: April 16, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Shit don't
mean shit
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by OttoSig:
1967, you only got one mag for the 2022?

I got one I was given in a gift box that I don’t have a 2022 to use. It’s yours if you want it.

1 magazine is a crime!

Thank you, sir! I sent an email.