SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    CZ Shadow2 OR
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

CZ Shadow2 OR Login/Join 
'Murica
Picture of szuppo
posted
My first CZ pistol. I’m thoroughly impressed. Straight out of the box with no adjustments this pistol shoots well. Here’s a short clip from yesterday, 10 rounds at around 20 yards.

https://youtu.be/09P71StqHe0

Semper Fi

Posts: 3240 | Location: Canfield, Ohio | Registered: October 31, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I love mine . With a few Cajun Gun Works parts my
DA trigger pull is a reliable 6 lbs .

Posts: 705 | Location: S.W.Florida | Registered: August 18, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
'Murica
Picture of szuppo
posted Hide Post
My DA sits at 9 lbs and the SA at 3.5 from the factory. I rarely shoot it DA though. I’ve thought about sending it to CGW to get a shorter reset. I did just purchase a thumb rest from CZ.

Semper Fi

Posts: 3240 | Location: Canfield, Ohio | Registered: October 31, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
No Compromise
posted Hide Post
szuppo,

Maybe this helps???

H&K-Guy

Posts: 3720 | Registered: April 08, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
No Compromise
posted Hide Post
My first CZ was an 85B. Man, what a solid pistol.

My latest CZ hotness is a CZ Tactical Sports Orange. It's chock full of 1.5 Lb single action goodness. If you like the Shadow, you'll love the Tactical Sports.

H&K-Guy

Posts: 3720 | Registered: April 08, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
orareyougladtoseeme
Picture of isthatasiginyourpocket
posted Hide Post
I have been looking at a Shadow 2 for a while now, the factory red dot cut might be what pushes me over the edge.

Posts: 2547 | Location: MN | Registered: March 06, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
'Murica
Picture of szuppo
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by H&K-Guy:

My latest CZ hotness is a CZ Tactical Sports Orange. It's chock full of 1.5 Lb single action goodness. If you like the Shadow, you'll love the Tactical Sports.

H&K-Guy

Thanks for fixing the video. I'll have to try the Tactical Sports.

Semper Fi

Picture of huskerlrrp
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by szuppo:
quote:
Originally posted by H&K-Guy:

H&K-Guy

Thanks for fixing the video. I'll have to try the Tactical Sports.

I think the Tactical Sport Orange is one of the best guns for the money. The Shadow 2 isn't far behind. The US P210 was pretty nice and bit cheaper, but the TS magazine capacity, magwell, etc. makes it good for "gaming".

Posts: 1789 | Location: North Cackalacky | Registered: September 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Constable
posted Hide Post
I've got one and it's a heck of a gun especially for the money.

I sent a stock SP01 to Cajun for an action job, barrel bushing and a FO sight blade install. I hate to say it but it's as smooth as the S2 and maybe even easier to shoot fast/accurately! Since I did the CZ's with Cajun Gun Werks I have barely even shot my X-5's!

They did a bare CZ75 for me and it's become one of my favorites.

Posts: 7074 | Location: Craig, MT | Registered: December 17, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Why did they put that hard angle dogleg on the backstrap? It may look cool and angular, but it just doesn't sit in my hand right. Standard 75 backstrap is better.

Posts: 4725 | Location: Indiana | Registered: December 28, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
An investment in knowledge
pays the best interest
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Lefty Sig:
Why did they put that hard angle dogleg on the backstrap? It may look cool and angular, but it just doesn't sit in my hand right. Standard 75 backstrap is better.

Because for most folk, that dogleg fits their hand better and vastly improves trigger reach. If the standard CZ75 backstrap works for you, then buy that model, or the CZ85, or the P01 or...

Posts: 3362 | Location: Mid-Atlantic | Registered: December 27, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
How does a longer front to back dimension at the point of the dogleg improve trigger reach? I've had both and the standard frame is better for reach. The thin grip panels on the Shadow 2 are nice though.

Posts: 4725 | Location: Indiana | Registered: December 28, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
pays the best interest
posted Hide Post
Not sure what you’re referring to. If the angle of the backstrap is towards the trigger, the distance between one’s trigger finger and web of the hand isn’t longer. Again, why do you care given the plethora of options with a CZ75 backstrap?

Posts: 3362 | Location: Mid-Atlantic | Registered: December 27, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Dakor:
Not sure what you’re referring to. If the angle of the backstrap is towards the trigger, the distance between one’s trigger finger and web of the hand isn’t longer. Again, why do you care given the plethora of options with a CZ75 backstrap?

The dogleg doesn't improve trigger reach. It "squares off" the rounder transition on the standard frame and makes the dimension of the frontstrap to backstrap longer at the "kink" pushing the palm of your hand further back. This changes the angle of your hand, similar to a straight vs. arched MSH on a 1911. I've had both a standard CZ-75 frame, and a Shadow 2, so I know. Why do I care? Because I would like the other benefits of the Shadow 2 in a frame with the normal backstrap.

This is no different than if Sig made all the upgrades to the Legions - trigger undercut and relief on front strap, beavertail, checkering, etc. then changed the backstrap from what we are all familiar with to "improve" it. Of course, Sig Classic backstraps are part of the grip panels so custom grips could be made.

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by szuppo:
My DA sits at 9 lbs and the SA at 3.5 from the factory. I rarely shoot it DA though. I’ve thought about sending it to CGW to get a shorter reset. I did just purchase a thumb rest from CZ.

There is an adjustment screw in the trigger if turned clockwise will lessen the trigger reset.

When you get it set where you want it,lock tite it with the blue stuff.

Posts: 12684 | Registered: January 17, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
pays the best interest
posted Hide Post
Lefty,
Your explanation still doesn’t address how a steeper angled frame towards the trigger could result in a Longer distance. I’ve owned both and my trigger finger and everyone I know says it’s easier to reach with the S2 except you.
If you want certain features on your CZ75, there’s CGW and CZC you can turn to.