SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    p320 no rail
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

p320 no rail Login/Join 
posted
Has anyone taken the rail off of a p320 grip?.
Would like some help on how to do it.Do any after market companies build one?
Guess I'm just too old school,,would like one without a rail,

Posts: 188 | Location: Troy,AL | Registered: June 12, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Prepared for the Worst, Providing the Best
Picture of 92fstech
posted Hide Post
Get a grip module and a file and go to town. Shouldn't be too hard. Finish it up with some fine grit sandpaper. Worst case you're out $35.

Posts: 8534 | Location: In the Cornfields | Registered: May 25, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I have lived the
greatest adventure
Picture of AUTiger89
posted Hide Post
If you have a Compact or Carry model, you can get a Subcompact grip module and use an X-Grip to make the Compact magazines fit. I do this with my P250 daily carry.

I've been complaining about SIG making no other rail-less grip modules, but my complaints have fallen on deaf ears, because SIG knows better than me what I want.

Phone's ringing, Dude.

Posts: 6037 | Location: Upstate SC | Registered: April 06, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Very easy to remove. Use an electric sander, and finish off by hand. Or cut the projections off with a hack saw, then sand smooth.

-c1steve

Posts: 4052 | Location: West coast | Registered: March 31, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Yes, did it on my P320FS .40. Primary reason was that it would bind when drawing from a Blade-Tech holster I used. Slightest off-center movement at end of draw and it would bind.

Made it a lot smaller and it solved my problem. However, I was never able to give it a truly finished look:
1) Some places are extremely thin and there is a risk of going through.
2) On a highly visible part of the rail area I came across a big BUBBLE in the material. Looked very ugly and I just cleaned things up a little and stopped. It is now functional in my Blade-Tech, but also ugly.

If you are doing it for purely cosmetic reasons, I'd try and find somebody who successfully removed it fully and resulted in a finished look. On the other hand, you can follow 92fstech's advice: "Worst case you're out $35."

Posts: 4670 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: June 29, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by AUTiger89:
If you have a Compact or Carry model, you can get a Subcompact grip module and use an X-Grip to make the Compact magazines fit.

Yes -- it will look something like this, depending on your grip frame color:

Posts: 841 | Registered: December 07, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
That is a nice job..
What grit sandpaper did you finish it with? As you smooth it down does the color match?

Posts: 188 | Location: Troy,AL | Registered: June 12, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of P250UA5
posted Hide Post
I believe toivo has a SC grip which can be had without the rain in the Small size, not sure if that's a SC or C length slide.
X-grip adapter to use the Compact length magazine

The Enemy's gate is down.

Posts: 15268 | Location: Spring, TX | Registered: July 11, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Blackmore
posted Hide Post
quote:
If you have a Compact or Carry model, you can get a Subcompact grip module and use an X-Grip to make the Compact magazines fit I do this with my P250 daily carry.

These X-Grip adapters are great! I just bought some for my sub-compact. They fit perfectly, improve the grip length for big hands, increase capacity 25% and slide off easily if you want to use the standard 15 rounder in your compact again.

Truth: The New Hate Speech

Posts: 3445 | Location: W. Central NH | Registered: October 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by P250UA5:
I believe toivo has a SC grip which can be had without the rain in the Small size, not sure if that's a SC or C length slide.
X-grip adapter to use the Compact length magazine

Yes, that's correct. It's a compact slide -- the subcompact would have its muzzle flush with the front end of the grip frame.

It's not actually my pistol, though. I "borrowed" that picture just to show how it can be done.

Posts: 841 | Registered: December 07, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
probably a good thing
I don't have a cut
posted Hide Post
Not exactly what you asked for but I found this video about modifying a P320 Grip Module on YouTube that may have the information about sandpaper grit that you are looking for.

Posts: 3374 | Location: Tampa, FL | Registered: February 09, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
If you have a Compact or Carry model, you can get a Subcompact grip module and use an X-Grip to make the Compact magazines fit. I do this with my P250 daily carry.

I've been complaining about SIG making no other rail-less grip modules, but my complaints have fallen on deaf ears, because SIG knows better than me what I want.

Gun companies exist to make money not guns.

Industrial molds for things like 320 grips cost $100k and up. There has to be enough demand to make that a profitable investment.

You are very much in the minority. Most people want rails.

It might be a viable product for an aftermarket 3D print company.

Posts: 528 | Location: Texas | Registered: March 25, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post