SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Best full size 9mm platform
Page 1 2 3 

Closed Topic Closed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools
Best full size 9mm platform Login/Join 
Picture of Billy346
posted Hide Post
I said SIG P226 since its my favorite out of the list, but if I had my druthers, I'd go with a H&K USP in 9mm.

It's a proven handgun, a cousin to the P8 carried by the Bundeswehr. It can be ordered with a fire control system to suit just about anyone's needs, and its reasonably priced.

"Like a horse has its rider, and the sky has its moon, a man has his loneliness, mistaken as pride." -Longmire

Posts: 539 | Location: Northern Virginia | Registered: January 19, 2013Report This Post
Sigforum K9 handler
Picture of jljones
posted Hide Post
Two Two Six

www.opspectraining.com

"It's a bold strategy, Cotton. Let's see if it works out for them"

Posts: 37117 | Location: Logical | Registered: September 12, 2004Report This Post
Picture of Q83
posted Hide Post
For me, the 226, 92, and 17 are all solid choices.

NRA LIFE MEMBER
ISRA LIFE MEMBER

Posts: 426 | Location: Illinois | Registered: April 11, 2009Report This Post
addicted to trailing-throttle oversteer
posted Hide Post
Favorite: CZ75 Shadow SAO (I voted 'other')
Best: G17

Not the same for me.

Posts: 8983 | Location: Drippin' wet | Registered: April 18, 2010Report This Post
Picture of grumpy1
posted Hide Post
P226 with P30L a very very close second. CZ75 third.

Posts: 9736 | Location: Northern Illinois | Registered: March 20, 2009Report This Post
Picture of dwd1985
posted Hide Post
I voted P226 because it is my favorite handgun of all time, and all of mine have been 100% reliable for years. I would also say the Beretta 92, but after seeing broken plastic guiderods and locking blocks over the years, I had to ding it a few points. But honestly I probably shoot those better than the P226. I also considered a vote for the P30, but then remembered how I hate the HK staple gun trigger.

Posts: 4454 | Registered: October 28, 2010Report This Post
Baroque Bloke
Picture of Pipe Smoker
posted Hide Post
I vote for my P226 X5 Comp (with Robert Burke action job).

Serious about crackers

Posts: 8924 | Location: San Diego | Registered: July 26, 2014Report This Post
Picture of mrtuna
posted Hide Post
The P226 has been a long time favorite duty 9mm but for fun/ competition the CZ 75 Shadows/ Tactical Sport and Tanfoglios are great all day long.

Training as often as possible!
NSSF Media Member

Posts: 1577 | Location: Las Vegas, NV | Registered: May 31, 2010Report This Post
Thank you
Very little
Picture of HRK
posted Hide Post
Voted 226 since I own one and it's on the list.

My M1 PPQ is hard to beat and if I had the FS version of the PPQ I'd vote for it...

Posts: 23371 | Location: Florida | Registered: November 07, 2008Report This Post