SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Holster recommendations for HK45
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Holster recommendations for HK45 Login/Join 
It's not you,
it's me.
Picture of RAMIUS
posted
I did a quick search, but felt like I should consult with ya‘ll first.

My HK45 is my night stand gun. However, I feel I need a holster for it. Not worried about something super small or concealable, just something that I can put it in, in the even I need to carry it.

Thanks.

Posts: 7016 | Location: Right outside Philly | Registered: September 08, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of sgalczyn
posted Hide Post
When the viral smoke clears - I plan to burn some Cabelas points and get my HK45 also. After that - I will order a Predator holster from Wright Leather works:

https://www.wrightleatherworks...ator-pancake-holster

Got one for my Ruger GP-100 from Wright and it's gorgeous!

"No matter where you go - there you are"

Posts: 4578 | Location: Eastern PA-Berks/Lehigh Valley | Registered: January 03, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of henryaz
posted Hide Post

Blade-Tech makes a nice kydex OWB holster for the HK-45 (or used to, anyway). I used it exclusively when I competed with that gun. Give them a call, as their gun lists are not always up to date and/or accurate in how they list the model. For example, they still don't list an OWB holster for the SIG P220-10mm, but they have two models. I have one of those.

When in doubt, mumble

Posts: 10786 | Location: South Congress AZ | Registered: May 27, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sgalczyn:
After that - I will order a Predator holster from Wright Leather works:

These holsters truly are awesome, and I recommend their Master Collection upgrade.

Posts: 447 | Location: Shenandoah Valley | Registered: February 15, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of sgalczyn
posted Hide Post
Thanks neex - forgot to add the Master upgrade.
The GP-100 and holster were a gift to myself - went all out and added a Signature upgrade for that one!

Posts: 4578 | Location: Eastern PA-Berks/Lehigh Valley | Registered: January 03, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
E tan e epi tas
Picture of cslinger
posted Hide Post
Wow I am really liking that predator and I hadn’t heard of Wright.

"Guns are tools. The only weapon ever created was man."

Posts: 7681 | Location: On the water | Registered: July 25, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I Am The Walrus
posted Hide Post
Kevin Nightingale is a member here. I have 5 of his IWB holsters. A pistol as fine as an HK45 deserve leather:

https://shop.nightingaleleather.com/main.sc

I like the Raptor myself, it's patterned after the Milt Sparks Versa Max 2.

Posts: 13112 | Registered: March 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Safariland

Posts: 705 | Location: S.W.Florida | Registered: August 18, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I run trains!
Picture of SigM4
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by cslinger:
I hadn’t heard of Wright.

Mark me down as another that’d never heard of them but am impressed by what I see.

Success always occurs in private, and failure in full view.

Complacency sucks…

Posts: 5423 | Location: Wichita, KS (for now)…always a Texan… | Registered: April 14, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of sgalczyn
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by SigM4:
quote:
Originally posted by cslinger:
I hadn’t heard of Wright.

Mark me down as another that’d never heard of them but am impressed by what I see.

Well worth the wait and superb fit and quality.

posted Hide Post
I’m a big Mitch Rosen fan. Their 5JR is the most comfortable owb holster I’ve ever owned. Wright Leather looks nice but their holster description lists 1 3/4 inch belt slot width. That’s going to ride really nice on a 1 1/2 belt. Which is the most common size I believe.

Posts: 624 | Registered: October 31, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
7.62mm Crusader
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by neex:
quote:
Originally posted by sgalczyn:
After that - I will order a Predator holster from Wright Leather works:

These holsters truly are awesome, and I recommend their Master Collection upgrade.
Darn it those look good quality. Nightingale Leather takes about 28 weeks now. He does beautiful work and has holster designs like I've never seen before. One creative holster maker.

Posts: 17900 | Location: The Bluegrass State! | Registered: December 23, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
E tan e epi tas
Picture of cslinger
posted Hide Post
Let me give props where props are do.

I emailed Wright holsters yesterday evening, Easter Sunday.

I had a reply in my inbox before I woke up this morning.

I can’t speak to the product but I am impressed with the communication.

"Guns are tools. The only weapon ever created was man."

Posts: 7681 | Location: On the water | Registered: July 25, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I am a big fan of T&T Gunleather. I use them for almost all my IWB holsters. Mike's Special is a VMII clone that sits a little lower, is a little thinner leather, and IMO has a slightly better cant. It also works great for a P30.

__________________Making Good People Helpless . . . Will Not Make Bad People Harmless!___________________

Posts: 1731 | Location: South Carolina | Registered: May 26, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bone 4 Tuna
Picture of jjkroll32
posted Hide Post
JM Custom Kydex for a non-leather option.

They're my go-to now that Raven is only in the injection molding business now.

NRA Life Member

Long Live the Super Thirty-Eight

Posts: 11145 | Location: Mid-Michigan | Registered: October 02, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post