SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    I Got One Of The New Pythons
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

I Got One Of The New Pythons Login/Join 
Raptorman
Picture of Mars_Attacks
posted
A buddy of mine got it and decided it doesn't fit his hand as well as he thought it would and offered it to me for well under going price. He wants the King Cobra Target more as it's smaller.

I know it's not an original, but I don't shoot my vintage Python and I will shoot this as it was cheap enough.

Eeewwww, don't touch it!
Here, poke at it with this stick.

Posts: 34115 | Location: North, GA | Registered: October 09, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
How's the build quality compared to your vintage Python?

Posts: 1447 | Location: Western WA | Registered: September 11, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Raptorman
Picture of Mars_Attacks
posted Hide Post
The action is smooth.

Plates fit well. Better than the first series of new Cobra.
And I will need to take it completely apart to see what is forged and what is MIM or cast.

Eeewwww, don't touch it!

Posts: 34115 | Location: North, GA | Registered: October 09, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Big Stack
posted Hide Post
Maybe shoot it before tearing it apart? It would be interesting to get the range report.

Posts: 21240 | Registered: November 05, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Prepared for the Worst, Providing the Best
Picture of 92fstech
posted Hide Post
Very cool! Looking forward to hearing your range report and details on what you find inside.

Posts: 8565 | Location: In the Cornfields | Registered: May 25, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A man's got to know
his limitations
Picture of hberttmank
posted Hide Post
Nice score!

"But, as luck would have it, he stood up. He caught that chunk of lead." Gunnery Sergeant Carlos Hathcock

Posts: 9366 | Registered: March 23, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
WANT!!

Posts: 10055 | Registered: October 15, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of abnmacv
posted Hide Post
That A very cool pistol, would enjoy a range report when you have the time.

U.S. Army 11F4P Vietnam 69-70 NRA Life Member

Posts: 1553 | Registered: June 11, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Local shop has a 6" one that looks pretty nice. Hoping the Colt/CZ merger and some old Dan Wesson guys at CZ help the new Colt revolvers reach their full potential.

Posts: 4713 | Location: Indiana | Registered: December 28, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of inspcalahan
posted Hide Post
I've found them, along with many other older Colt enthusiasts, to be better made, as smooth an action and less "fragile" with the innards. They are worth msrp and if you got it for less, than you did very well. Congrats!

Posts: 823 | Location: Alaska | Registered: April 29, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Great Equalizer
Picture of colt_saa
posted Hide Post
Congratulations on a fine addition to the Family and at a good price

I do not yet own one of the new Pythons, but I do own several older ones.

The new ones that I have handled and fired have all been top shelf revolvers and I would not hesitate to pick one up . . . waiting for the 2 1/2" to come out

------------------------------------------------------------------
NRA Benefactor . . . Certified Instructor . . . Certified RSO
SWCA

356TSW.com
45talk.com
RacingPlanetUSA.Com

Posts: 5179 | Location: Cocoa Beach, Florida | Registered: November 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Raptorman
Picture of Mars_Attacks
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by colt_saa:
waiting for the 2 1/2" to come out

Has Colt announced production for this?

Seems they are actually listening to customer demands and producing.

Seems the hammer and trigger are CNC machined from bar stock stainless. This is incredible value for the amount of work they put in them.

Eeewwww, don't touch it!

posted Hide Post
Great picture, great handgun, please provide some feedback after you shoot it.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Democracy is 2 Wolves & a Lamb debating the lunch menu.

Liberty is a well armed Lamb!

Posts: 883 | Registered: March 03, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I bought one a few months ago. Have not shot it yet but it's so damn pretty I could not resist.

Posts: 1254 | Location: Northern Nevada | Registered: December 22, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Triggers don't
pull themselves
Picture of mdblanton
posted Hide Post
Nice! The best looking modern revolver out there in my opinion.

Posts: 1102 | Location: Petal, MS | Registered: January 21, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Does it require two mules and a boy to trip the trigger in single action?

My brother's Python has a wonderful DA trigger but SA sucks.

Posts: 775 | Registered: April 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Raptorman
Picture of Mars_Attacks
posted Hide Post
DA and SA feel fine.

DA feels better than my Ruger GP100.

Not as light as my 19-3.

Eeewwww, don't touch it!

posted Hide Post
It looks beautiful, will be interesting to hear about how it shoots.

Posts: 21335 | Registered: June 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I have many older Pythons, but now have 2 4.25" and 2 6". Save my older ones as the new ones are better and daily range shooters!

Posts: 81 | Location: Part of the 14th state that did not ratify to join the Union! | Registered: January 24, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lead slingin'
Parrot Head
Picture of Modern Day Savage
posted Hide Post
I haven't kept up with the new Pythons, but I've had high hopes for them to measure up to the originals in terms of quality and performance.

My one gripe with the Colt snake series was the shape of the trigger guard where it meets the Colt factory stocks. Years ago, while shooting a friend's Anaconda with factory plastic grips, the middle finger of my shooting hand was continually bashed/ pinched under recoil in the small gap by that little lip/ ledge.

I enjoy shooting magnums, but that was a painful experience.

Interestingly though, it looks like the factory wood stocks on that new Python are redesigned and significantly close the gap, so it may not be a problem with those...although I would be tickled if there were some rubber grips designed the same way to mimic those wood grips.

That new Python looks sharp, and I'm eager to catch the range report on it! Cool

Posts: 7324 | Location: the Centennial state | Registered: August 21, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post