SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Compare P320 x five to P320 fullsize
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Compare P320 x five to P320 fullsize Login/Join 
Picture of Jimg1960
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Jimg1960:
Handgun enthusiasts today have more options than ever before when it comes to the size and fit. Users of the Sig Sauer P320 are no exception. The Sig P320 comes in four different sizes (Full Size, Carry, Compact and Sub Compact) and each size has either two or three grip module sizes available. Each grip module has a two or three letter designation on the lower part of the backstrap. Below is a table showing all possible letter combinations for the eleven grip module options. The black box denotes the size module that comes with the firearm from the factory.

From Talon website...

Mine only has an “m”

Posts: 301 | Location: Tennessee  | Registered: July 08, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Newf
posted Hide Post
quote:
...Newf are the grips the same size on those pistols? Reason I’m asking is seems it’s just random which size is on the 320s. Unless you buy a new grip module in size you want.

Oat_Action_Man summed it up nicely; for me it was the grip shape more than the size that I didn't get comfortable with, and besides the medium size my came with, also tried small and large. I don't have that FS 320 anymore to compare directly with, so it may be just a figment of my imagination but it also seems to be a slight difference in grip angle - or maybe it's just being able to tuck up higher on the X grip that also accounts for some of that different feel.

Posts: 920 | Location: Canada | Registered: June 05, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Web Clavin Extraordinaire
Picture of Oat_Action_Man
posted Hide Post
That's the medium size.

The SKU on the box designates the overall size F(ull)/CA(rry)/C(compact). That's the length and height of the frame. Each size has S/M/L which is more or less the circumference of the grip, although the small frame has a shorter trigger reach.

So far as I know, they all ship with M(edium) frames, regardless of whether they're F, CA or C. I don't see any designation in the SKU of the gun that indicates S/M/L.

So a 320F-9-BSS should be a full-size frame, 9mm, blackened slide with SIGlite sights.

320C-9-BSS would be the same thing, just the compact frame.

I recently threw out the packaging of the grip modules I purchased, so I can't tell you the SKUs on those, but the boxes are clearly marked S/M/L and the size frame F/C.

There are only three variations of the X frame available, depending on the overall length and/or doodads (the X-carry, the X-full sized and the X-5 with the weights and stuff). Only difference is the length of the frame; there's no S/M/L.

----------------------------

Chuck Norris put the laughter in "manslaughter"

Educating the youth of America, one declension at a time.

Posts: 19837 | Location: SE PA | Registered: January 12, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Oat_Action_Man:

There are only three variations of the X frame available, depending on the overall length and/or doodads (the X-carry, the X-full sized and the X-5 with the weights and stuff). Only difference is the length of the frame; there's no S/M/L.

Both the x-grips I just installed on my P320's, one a Carry, the other full-size, say "m" at the bottom of the grip by the lanyard hole. It may be that medium is the only one they're selling at the moment, but these definitely do identify as "m."

Posts: 6650 | Registered: September 13, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Jimg1960
posted Hide Post
quote:
I just checked SIGs website. You can order specific sm,med,lg grip modules. With some models only certain ones. Ie:320x5 only available in medium. 320 full size available in all 3 sizes
Does it make sense that they only put mediums on there retail pistols while selling the others like any other accessory?

Posts: 301 | Location: Tennessee  | Registered: July 08, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sns3guppy:
quote:

Both the x-grips I just installed on my P320's, one a Carry, the other full-size, say "m" at the bottom of the grip by the lanyard hole. It may be that medium is the only one they're selling at the moment, but these definitely do identify as "m."

That's good to know. I am on the point of getting an X-VTAC and am guessing I'd prefer a shorter trigger reach, based on my limited interaction with the X frames.

Won't hold my breath this decade, though, knowing how SIG does accessories.

Posts: 19837 | Location: SE PA | Registered: January 12, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
I just checked SIGs website. You can order specific sm,med,lg grip modules. With some models only certain ones. Ie:320x5 only available in medium. 320 full size available in all 3 sizes
Does it make sense that they only put mediums on there retail pistols while selling the others like any other accessory?

It makes good sense. You'd need 3 times the number of SKUs if every 320 you offer came in 3 sizes from the factory. If you look at the number of 320 SKUs that already exist, that'd be like 20+ SKUs for one part of that line.

It would be terrible logistics to do that and people would complain that they got a L frame when they wanted a S because they ordered the wrong SKU. Horrible for stocking dealers, too.

Way, way easier to send them all with Medium size and charge a few extra bucks to the consumer to swap a Small or Large if they want.

posted Hide Post
quote:

That's good to know. I am on the point of getting an X-VTAC and am guessing I'd prefer a shorter trigger reach, based on my limited interaction with the X frames.

Won't hold my breath this decade, though, knowing how SIG does accessories.

I haven't held one of those, so can't comment. Both the frames that I installed on my P320's are just the grip modules, no weights or mag wells. The FCU is the standard P320 FCU with the upgrade trigger. I didn't measure reach, but it looks about the same, perhaps a bit shorter. The x-grip is relieved by the trigger guard like a Legion P226, and the web of the hand appears to sit higher. It's got a wider, truncated beaver tail, and the grip is married to the hand with more surface area. The hand feels more in line with the bore axis than the stock grip.

I like the stock P320 as well. Both grips are ergonomic and comfortable to me. The x-grip feels more so. It has a big more of a "designer" look to it, whereas the stock P320 grip looks more all-business. To me, the x-grip feels more like a classic P-series pistol, in the hand.

Posts: 6650 | Registered: September 13, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post