SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Breaking in Shadow Systems MR920
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Breaking in Shadow Systems MR920 Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
I've got 2 Shadow Systems (MR920 Elite and DR920 Elite). Initially had some failures during the break-in period but once I was past that, no problems at all. I've run the MR920 in a 1/2 dozen classes + range time and have about 3,000 rounds through it. DR920 is lagging behind and is just slightly north of the break-in period at around 400 rounds.

Posts: 133 | Location: Westfield, IN | Registered: June 04, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diablo Blanco
Picture of dking271
posted Hide Post
Mine is ejecting the brass perfectly and I had one of the Gen 4s that launched brass between my eyes 4 of every 10 rounds. Went back to Glock, changed just about everything internally, added Apex extractor and now it’s 1 to 2 rounds per 100. The trigger is amazing and the Gen 4 belongs to my adult son now. I tried to get him to replace it with one of my Gen 5s but he won’t let go because he loves the trigger.

I’m pretty confident the ammo will fix the issue and will have time tomorrow to give it another workout.

Posts: 2959 | Location: Middle-TN | Registered: November 05, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diablo Blanco
Picture of dking271
posted Hide Post
Ran 150 rounds of Winchester white box 124gr NATO through the MR920 this afternoon and it ran perfectly. Going to run another 150 rounds of the hotter NATO ammo, a box of +p gold dots or HSTs, then switch back over to the Blazer to see if we’re all broken in. Very pleased with the performance today.

Posts: 2959 | Location: Middle-TN | Registered: November 05, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post