SIGforum
What picatinny riser optic mount are you using?

This topic can be found at:
https://sigforum.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/430601935/m/1580018194

May 05, 2022, 06:51 PM
Black92LX
What picatinny riser optic mount are you using?
Looking for a high quality mount. Don’t want a Chinese or Taiwanese mount.
It does not look like LaRue makes one.

American Defense MFG
https://www.admmfg.com/picatinny-riser-tl

Kinetic Development Group
https://kineticdg.com/product/...short-version-black/

Not sure where the KDG unit is made. I can’t find a mention on their site so that leads me to believe it is made in a country I don’t want to buy from especially at that price.

Any other options? I’ll be mounting a Steiner MRS on an AR and Co witnessing with standard height sights.

————————————————
The world's not perfect, but it's not that bad.
If we got each other, and that's all we have.
I will be your brother, and I'll hold your hand.
You should know I'll be there for you!
May 07, 2022, 02:06 PM
TrojanX4
I have a few American risers, they work great. They always seem to have the best quality to value ratio.

My new personal favorite is the Scarlarworks Leap. I prefer a higher mount for my AR's. They are solid build quality and super light. They come in three heights and have a unique mounting system that is suppose to hold zero better when you take it on and off your rail.

Scarlworks
May 07, 2022, 03:04 PM
Nismo
Larue does have a picatinny riser that's about .62" height, but comes with a longer rail section.

https://www.larue.com/products...catinny-riser-lt101/
May 07, 2022, 05:44 PM
Black92LX
quote:
Originally posted by TrojanX4:
I have a few American risers, they work great. They always seem to have the best quality to value ratio.

My new personal favorite is the Scarlarworks Leap. I prefer a higher mount for my AR's. They are solid build quality and super light. They come in three heights and have a unique mounting system that is suppose to hold zero better when you take it on and off your rail.

Scarlworks
m

All I could find from Scalarworks were footprint specific mounts. Nothing with a pic rail on top.

quote:
Originally posted by Nismo:
Larue does have a picatinny riser that's about .62" height, but comes with a longer rail section.

https://www.larue.com/products...catinny-riser-lt101/

Yeah, too much unused real estate for my needs.

I ended up finding a Kinetic Development mount locally for a nice price. Plus they show the Steiner MRS mounted to it in their photos so figured I’d give it a shot.

————————————————
May 07, 2022, 07:41 PM
Black92LX
I just noticed I put this in the pistol section.
Whooops, meant for it to go in the rifle section.

————————————————
May 09, 2022, 01:29 AM
flesheatingvirus
Will any of the Geissele Super Precision mounts work for that optic? I’m using one for an ACOG, and it is very well made.

-- Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it has gone past me I will turn the inner eye to see its path. Where the fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain. --
May 09, 2022, 02:44 AM
monoblok
Vortex sells one that's similar but not identical to the low ADM unit in your link. Ironically it's made by ADM for Vortex.

I have a couple of ADM mounts and have no issues with them. One is a cantilever scope mount for one of my LPVO setups, the other is for an Aimpoint T-1.

I know little to nil about Kinetic, though I did see that on one of their web pages where they claim that there are export restrictions on their own products, which implies that their stuff is made here. But they certainly don't seem to go out of their way to crow about it. Maybe that's how they choose to roll in liberaland Connecticut, apparently their home state. If so...cowards.

-MG
May 09, 2022, 09:17 AM
Black92LX
quote:
Originally posted by flesheatingvirus:
Will any of the Geissele Super Precision mounts work for that optic? I’m using one for an ACOG, and it is very well made.

I don’t see any that don’t use a specific mounting footprint. The Steiner has no footprint only a pic rail attachment.

quote:
Originally posted by monoblok:
Vortex sells one that's similar but not identical to the low ADM unit in your link. Ironically it's made by ADM for Vortex.

I have a couple of ADM mounts and have no issues with them. One is a cantilever scope mount for one of my LPVO setups, the other is for an Aimpoint T-1.

I know little to nil about Kinetic, though I did see that on one of their web pages where they claim that there are export restrictions on their own products, which implies that their stuff is made here. But they certainly don't seem to go out of their way to crow about it. Maybe that's how they choose to roll in liberaland Connecticut, apparently their home state. If so...cowards.

I’ll let you know if there are any US made markings on the unit or packaging when it arrives.

————————————————
May 13, 2022, 04:07 PM
Black92LX
The Kinetic Development mount is made in the US!!!
This thing is sweet!!!! It locks up rock solid!!!

Yes, the optic is on backwards in the picture. I did not realize they are directional.
I just ordered another and will likely replace my MRO mount with one as well.

They have a lot of cool stuff on their site.

————————————————